Anyone Had Their TufTruck TTC 1223V Coils Sag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine look like all the closer spaced coils at the top of the spring are sitting on each other. Lower spring looks OK. This is unloaded and they are about 3 1/2 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine look like all the closer spaced coils at the top of the spring are sitting on each other. Lower spring looks OK. This is unloaded and they are about 3 1/2 years old.

I don't know specifically about that product but I thought springs in general were designed that way to result in different amounts of support as they are loaded (pulling from memory here but is it called, "progressive rate" or something like that?). Are you sure they look different then when they were installed and/or is the truck sitting differently?

OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are progressive rate springs and they look different to me. I don’t remember all the top coils being stacked without gaps. I thought they had gaps like you see in the pictures on their website. They also look pretty rusty even though my truck gets Krown coated every year.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was thinking about getting these but now I'll wait to see what happens here.........

OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am off for a few days starting tomorrow so I am going to get a picture of the springs so everyone can see what I am talking about.

I have also been looking around at options for rear springs and was surprised to find out how few there are. TufTruck or Supercoils are really the only ones I have found that actually would help with the extra load of my travel trailer. I thought there would be more. I even called a place in town here that makes springs and for the Ram they sell TufTruck and don't have their own version.

I am not interested in air bags at all. They just don't handle the weather and road conditions here. Everyone I know that had has had them has had them fail in a year or two, plus I don't want to have to add and remove air every time I tow.

I might end up with a set of TufTruck 1211's since there are minimal choices to be had.

If anyone knows of any other options for springs let me know.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
In their literature its says 1223 provide a 25% improvement in load carrying capacity 50% for 1211. My factory springs alone were only good to carry about 700 pounds so I figured about 950 with the 1211s. I installed the 1211s and have been happy with the additional support and the ride not harsh or stiff. I still need want benefit from additional support for dramatically varying weight loads potentially up to 1,800 pounds between bed & tongue. Yea can get into HD territory. Truck upgrade eventually.

This is where quality axle to frame air bags are the bomb, for support dampening & rear suspension control. But if you don't want air. The Sumo neoprene Springs that fit in place of the factory bump stops are the best option for additional support. They have two densities for the 1500 rated to carry 1,000 or 1,500 pounds at 50% crush. 1211 & Sumo equals great combo.

That said as you may know with a 30 plus foot travel trailer you would still want and dramatically benefit from a well set up WDH. As stability stopping sway have a lot more to do with axle and tongue weight than a no sag level ride height on your truck.

Last edited:

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In their literature its says 1223 provide a 25% improvement in load carrying capacity 50% for 1211. My factory springs alone were only good to carry about 700 pounds so I figured about 950 with the 1211s. I installed the 1211s and have been happy with the additional support and the ride not harsh or stiff. I still need want benefit from additional support for dramatically varying weight loads potentially up to 1,800 pounds between bed & tongue. Yea can get into HD territory. Truck upgrade eventually.

This is where quality axle to frame air bags are the bomb, for support dampening & rear suspension control. But if you don't want air. The Sumo neoprene Springs that fit in place of the factory bump stops are the best option for additional support. They have two densities for the 1500 rated to carry 1,000 or 1,500 pounds at 50% crush. 1211 & Sumo equals great combo.

That said as you may know with a 30 plus foot travel trailer you would still want and dramatically benefit from a well set up WDH. As stability stopping sway have a lot more to do with axle and tongue weight than a no sag level ride height on your truck.

You must mean the 1223V, not the 1223. The 1223 has 50% more carrying capacity. They are two different springs even though the only difference in the name is the v.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Yep. I went with the 1211 because I now generally carry 300 to 500 pounds in the bed all the time.

Didn't the dude in the raptor jump video trash his new truck with that jump. Like immediate stop I just bent and broke all kinds of shat.

OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My travel trailer is only 19' so I just want the aftermarket springs I bought to do their job. They don't look good to me. This is unloaded, nothing in the bed but my golf clubs and like I mentioned before they are only about 3 1/2 years old. I have contacted TufTruck and the very first sentence in his reply was to dismiss any and all warranty liability. I know they are not under warranty anymore. The next sentence was to ask if I had a lift. Clearly he doesn't know his product, the 1223V springs are actually 1/2" lower than my OEM springs were. He did ask for pictures which I sent him. I don't expect much. I will be replacing these with the 1211's soon I think, unless I can find something I like that isn't TufTruck.

full
full

OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I heard back from TufTruck. Nothing of value there. Basically if I am having performance issues or sagging I should look at replacing them. I would also mention that my truck just rolled 31,000 miles this week so these springs are trashed at 3 1/2 years old and about 25,000 miles on them. Pretty sad life out of them. If you have these on your truck you may want to check them.

OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I been looking around for something other than TufTruck and what few other options I have found all add lift which I would rather not have.

A few have said the 1211's gave them some lift but most said they didn't so I ordered a set and new shocks for the rear while I am in there.

My brother mentioned he has had progressive rate springs collapse on him too (same area in the closer spaced coils but a different brand entirely) and had to replace them.

He feels it is a pretty common issue with them and won't buy them again. I know I won't either.

Hopefully the 1211's last longer.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I been looking around for something other than TufTruck and what few other options I have found all add lift which I would rather not have.

A few have said the 1211's gave them some lift but most said they didn't so I ordered a set and new shocks for the rear while I am in there.

My brother mentioned he has had progressive rate springs collapse on him too (same area in the closer spaced coils but a different brand entirely) and had to replace them.

He feels it is a pretty common issue with them and won't buy them again. I know I won't either.

Hopefully the 1211's last longer.
Thats good to know, I've been going back and forth between the 1211s and 1223Vs. Keep us updated on the 1211s and how you like them. I'm curious if they give any lift even tho they say they dont....

Last edited:

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats good to know, I've been going back and forth between the 1211s and 1223s. Keep us updated on the 1211s and how you like them. I'm curious if they give any lift even tho they say they dont....

Just be aware the 1223’s and 1223V’s are two different springs. You’ll only want the 1223’s if you constantly carry a load. They are not a progressive spring.

OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats good to know, I've been going back and forth between the 1211s and 1223s. Keep us updated on the 1211s and how you like them. I'm curious if they give any lift even tho they say they dont....

Since I lost a 1/2" with the 1223V from stock I am expecting at least that.

I probably lost a little more since my 1223V sagged too but I just can't remember what the measurement was when I put them in.

My 1211's showed up yesterday so I am just waiting on the shocks and some time to get it done.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just be aware the 1223’s and 1223V’s are two different springs. You’ll only want the 1223’s if you constantly carry a load. They are not a progressive spring.
Whoops forgot to type the V, yeah the 1223s are overkill for me...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since I lost a 1/2" with the 1223V from stock I am expecting at least that.

I probably lost a little more since my 1223V sagged too but I just can't remember what the measurement was when I put them in.

My 1211's showed up yesterday so I am just waiting on the shocks and some time to get it done.
Nice[emoji106]

Do you have a crows foot wrench set? That top shock bolt is horrible to get to without one...