Anyone Had Their TufTruck TTC 1223V Coils Sag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Grizzstang, Bet you like the 1211s. I have. Shocks are a big part of the equation. My truck used for commercial towing has almost 800k. In that time I've run the factory shocks Billsteins & now Eibachs. Both the German Billsteins & the American Eibachs are substantially better than the stock shocks. In the past with other vehicles I have replaced worn out stock shocks with other cheapies like Monroes & Gabriels and it was always a mistake. They wore out even faster than the stockers.

If you ever between tongue and bed carry 1,000 pounds or more you should also really like air bags or sumo neoprene springs in place of the factory bump stops.

Last edited:
OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the 1211’s and new shocks in. Gained about a 1/2” back so it is about stock ride height again. I did cheap out on the shocks and went with Monroe Reflex. I have had them before and like them for the price. I also went to remove my fender liners and found all the bolts were under my fender flares. I did not want to take those off so I made some access holes for the top bolts twisted myself in knots to get them off. The drivers side rear shock was still a pain but I managed.

bebba505a40424ff50a308995ea3885a.jpg
ecbad1fe92e6c7053f595e019ef90877.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drove the truck to work this morning and my ride quality has noticeably improved.

The OEM shocks didn't look too bad for 31,000 miles so I am assuming the collapsed coils on the 1223V's were affecting the ride a fair amount.

It is amazing what you get used to when your vehicle changes slowly over time.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the travel trailer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
grizzstang

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I towed the travel trailer in May and the 1211's seem to squat more than my 1223V's did.

I put the 1" spacer back my my Timbrens (DRTT1500 pictured above without the spacer) for the next camping trip and now I can feel those suckers hitting when I am empty over larger bumps.

I may switch out the Timbren for Sumo but I am not really sure how much better that will be since they work on the same principle. I guess they are different materials. Rubber vs Urethane.

At some point I would like to upgrade my trailer to a smaller lighter model. Somewhere in the 16' to 18' range but trailers are top dollar right now due to Covid shortages so that won't be anytime soon.