Anyone Happy with their Battery Tender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Whatever you do do NOT buy the cheapy battery tenders from places like harbor freight ( $5-10). Many years ago I had them on some batteries and they charged so hard they dried the battery up.
I have the noco, ctek, and battery tender brands.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Schumacher SC1319 Fully Automatic Battery Maintainer- 1.5 Amp

I've got a traditional charger and one of these 1.5amp charger/maintainers. As others have said, make sure whatever you buy is specifically designed as a maintainer so it doesn't overcharge the battery. In hindsight I wish I got the slightly more expensive model that had the eyelet connectors to permanently attach to the battery and quick connect the maintainer. But I can always wire the quick connect on mine if I find the need at a later date.

Octane

Reaction score

I've got a traditional charger and one of these 1.5amp charger/maintainers. As others have said, make sure whatever you buy is specifically designed as a maintainer so it doesn't overcharge the battery. In hindsight I wish I got the slightly more expensive model that had the eyelet connectors to permanently attach to the battery and quick connect the maintainer. But I can always wire the quick connect on mine if I find the need at a later date.
I had this hookup on my motorcycle once. Just behind the side cover, hook up there to the charger and was really convenient. I've used this 1 amp charger for almost 30 years now. Use it on my old truck too.I buy Shumachers, and I have one that is over 40 years old. Still works.

Speedy Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've had 2 for years . Always work well .
I use on any stored vehicle and when I go snowmobiling I use it on my sled [makes me
feel secure ]

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
*Like many of you I have used the Battery Tender Brand and the Wal Mart Brand on my motorcycles for years. I have the pig tail hard wired to the battery of the truck and the tender connection in a easy to reach place so never haver to pull a side cover ,seat or truck hood

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
*Like many of you I have used the Battery Tender Brand and the Wal Mart Brand on my motorcycles for years. I have the pig tail hard wired to the battery of the truck and the tender connection in a easy to reach place so never haver to pull a side cover ,seat or truck hood
Same here. Hardwired to the battery, 120v pigtail tied off in the grille. I drive into the garage and plug it up to an extension cord. But I also pop the hood and prop it with a 6" piece of 2x4, just as a visual reminder not to hop in and drive off w/o pulling the plug.

Russ

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Same here. Hardwired to the battery, 120v pigtail tied off in the grille. I drive into the garage and plug it up to an extension cord. But I also pop the hood and prop it with a 6" piece of 2x4, just as a visual reminder not to hop in and drive off w/o pulling the plug.

Russ
Great idea and when your old like me we forget alot and would not like seeing the tender slide out the garage lol

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My battery tenders (3) are on all my toys and each one is plugged into a wall timer. tenders are active for 8 hours each day and off 16 hours. I have used this method for 18 years and no problems yet and this more than doubles the battery life of all of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963