Anyone have these? DV8 Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I liked them both until I saw how far out that front bumper sticks. They look sweet from the head on view though. Is it a single piece front bumper or does it come in sections? Nice job by the way! I was thinking about going that direction and buying DV8 for a while but I haven't pulled the trigger for front or back. Have you noticed and handling issues or differences since you put them on?

RamblinRhoades

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The front bumper was actually 6 pieces total with the winch mount and frame mounts. You can tell you've got some weight if you hit a dip or big pot hole. But I was planning on swapping front coils for supercoils(OEM coil capacity 3280 lbs. SSC-25 coil capacity 4437 lbs.) that also have 2" of lift to solve that. Which it did.

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The front bumper was actually 6 pieces total with the winch mount and frame mounts. You can tell you've got some weight if you hit a dip or big pot hole. But I was planning on swapping front coils for supercoils(OEM coil capacity 3280 lbs. SSC-25 coil capacity 4437 lbs.) that also have 2" of lift to solve that. Which it did.

You weren't kidding about the weight. Just met the UPS guy at one of his stops and put the boxes for the front bumper in my bed. That is some serious weight!

KevinInVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I've been looking at aftermarket bumpers myself and that dv8 rear for the 2500 is one of my favorites. Now I'm trying to figure out what is different for the 1500 to 2500 and if I will be able to mount it to my 1500 without too much modification. Looking forward to pictures and opinions after your install.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Don't try to talk me out of it since I have already ordered them but I was just curious if anyone had these?
if not stay tuned and I'll let you know how it goes. They are DV8 brand. I wasn't going to do the bumpers on this one, but I backed into a pole and dented the aluminum foil factory bumper this last weekend.

View attachment 177383
View attachment 177384
Bitchen Hot.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
How was the delivery time? Just before getting the RAM I was going to get some DV8 stuff for my Jeep and everything was "should ship with in 2 weeks", then a month, then next month then I said hell with it and traded the Jeeps in.

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How was the delivery time? Just before getting the RAM I was going to get some DV8 stuff for my Jeep and everything was "should ship with in 2 weeks", then a month, then next month then I said hell with it and traded the Jeeps in.

I think I ordered them on the 19th & 20th of this month. The front bumper in a week later. The rear was backordered from 4 wheel parts, but they direct shipped from supplier, and I am supposed to meet the RL carrier driver today to get it! If all goes well should get them on this weekend.

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been looking at aftermarket bumpers myself and that dv8 rear for the 2500 is one of my favorites. Now I'm trying to figure out what is different for the 1500 to 2500 and if I will be able to mount it to my 1500 without too much modification. Looking forward to pictures and opinions after your install.

Only thing I can think of that would be different is if you have the dual exhaust cutouts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thoughts so far... I spent last night unpacking the front bumper.

They are obviously cutting shipping costs by making this in smaller pieces. I would consider this the Modular Home of off road bumpers.

There are 15 separate pieces that came in two large boxes. 3 for the actual bumper, a skid plate, 5 that make up the winch tray, and 6 brackets that attach bumper to frame. This could actually be beneficial since I will most likely install by myself. Each piece is pretty easy to lift by itself. If this was one solid piece it would take four people to install.

Packing - No instructions in box but did find them on website. https://dv8offroad.com/pages/installs That is after looking at all 15 pieces and having a small panic attack wondering how the hell i was gonna put this together.

There is also no list to check off to see if everything is present. So here's to hoping!

Not the best packaging job I have seen, but for the most part I think it worked. Everything was wrapped well in a foam sheet with stretch wrap holding it in place. Then it looks like they placed it in the box and sprayed an expanding foam to keep stuff from sliding around. This foam was pretty well flattened like a pancake when I opened the box, and you could tell some stuff was moving around. The main bumper has a few scuffs but no bare metal showing. Some of the brackets will need touching up as the powder coat flaked off the sharp corners. Somewhere between China and KY, the bag holding all the nuts / bolts / washers exploded inside its box. Some of these found their way outside the box and were loose inside the main box. Time will only tell if i have all of these.

Quality - Honest opinion. I am happy so far considering i paid $665. You can't expect perfection at that price. If I had spent $1,500 I would probably be returning. Everything appears to be solid with good welds. Looks like some pretty advanced manufacturing went into cutting and bending the pieces. There are some places that it looks like someone got a little happy with the angle grinder when smoothing out the welds. I don't have a ton of faith in the powder coat and expect that someday this will need some TLC to remove rust.

Should get to start installing this weekend so I will get some pics, and hopefully will remain happy with this purchase.

KevinInVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Awesome to hear the quality is pretty good for the price point. I had seen a few others at this price range with less than satisfactory welds.

I do have the single exit exhaust similar to the 2500s. Probably one reason I like most of the 2500 bumpers more as well since I don't want to have the cutouts without the dual exhaust.

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got the rear lights installed. Also switched the license plate lights out to LED. I really like this rear bumper. It fit perfectly and install was a breeze.

The front was a bit of a pain. Especially since I did it by myself. Would highly recommend getting a second set of hands. I still need to do some adjusting as it doesn't fit exactly the way I want it to. Also want to paint the aluminum grille piece black. I'm not as happy with the front as I am the back, but for the money I can make it work. I'll update again once I get everything done.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
ab58312510f62c801cc4516bc99a5047.jpg

noride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like this deal is history and this front bumper is almost $1400. I get the impression you would not do it again if you had to pay $1400?
Nope, I think there are better bumpers out there for that kind of money.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk