Anyone Have These Fogs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@JB1 I just installed these as well, same year ram as yours, and wondering if I missed something in the Alpha settings. I have both fogs set to led, however my drivers side seems to cut out occasionally.
Already tried the other light, it does the same on the drivers side as well. I had the morimoto before these, and had to run resistors on them, as the drivers side would not even fire without.
Love the brightness of these new ones, just frustrated as hell my drivers side cuts out with the engine running. Oh, and the morimoto resistors won't work with these, lol.
Anyways, the question is, perhaps another setting I missed other than just set fogs to LED? Headlights already set to hid as well. TIA

Mine are just plugged into the factory harness with no resistors. The only other setting I have done pertaining to the fogs is a disabled the "fog light dropout" (fogs stay on with brights).

I would try setting them back to halogen and see if that works, too much resistance can cause errors too even when set to LED.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alpharex headlights and z-offroad series foglights. You can get both from amazon but i suggest going through alpharex to purchase headlights. They are great to work with and very helpful.

I like those headlights, I've been thinking about getting some too, anyone here have the midnight version?

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine are just plugged into the factory harness with no resistors. The only other setting I have done pertaining to the fogs is a disabled the "fog light dropout" (fogs stay on with brights).

I would try setting them back to halogen and see if that works, too much resistance can cause errors too even when set to LED.
Did you program that "fog light dropout" in Alpha? I would love to do that.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unrelated but, @LoadedExpressRam I want an R/T hood like yours. Looks awesome.
Appreciate it but Be warned the VIS carbon fiber SRT 10 hood is a horrible fit. The gaps on the sides where your hood meets the fender is a good 3/4” and that’s on both sides. Not to mention your wipers shake at high speeds. Bringing mine to a body shop to see if it’s even possible to fix or least prevent the wiper situation. I can see that becoming a real problem. The reason I chose this one is because I’ve already invested in the vararam so it made since but this things sits a 5” above it so not sure what to do about that. If it wasn’t such a pain to send it back I probably would have. With that said if you really like it I might know a guy who’s selling one. Again, appreciate the compliment.

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I sure did
I might have to invest in one. So much cool stuff you can do with it, but I was just afraid I would mess something up. May be worth it to give it a go...

Devildog8791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I might have to invest in one. So much cool stuff you can do with it, but I was just afraid I would mess something up. May be worth it to give it a go...

Just make sure you follow the directions on how to backup your original settings. That way you can take it back to stock by knowing what the original settings are if there is an issue with a change you make.

I used it to program my truck for the single zone automatic temperature control. Best mod that have done to my truck yet.

mynameisante

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just make sure you follow the directions on how to backup your original settings. That way you can take it back to stock by knowing what the original settings are if there is an issue with a change you make.

I used it to program my truck for the single zone automatic temperature control. Best mod that have done to my truck yet.
My understanding is that Alfa is an Android app. Is there hardware that must be purchased to connect to the vehicle, or is is bluetooth/wifi?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
I do like the looks of these, but I wish they came with yellow light color. Makes the output look more like a fog light to me.