Anyone install a wireless charger for a cell phone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Damion

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those pads in the holder would work, but my phone lives in an otterbox case which at times is hard to get in / out. That’s why I wanted to go behind the holder. Plus it’s more discrete that way too

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
With an OtterBox on your phone, it's going to be touch-n-go getting a wireless charger to work just setting the phone on the pad. Putting the charging pad behind another layer of rubber or plastic will probably not work at all.
I cut a wireless charger right through one of the phone holders from WadeStar for my last phone(the phone sat right on the charger). I used an OtterBox on that phone and it had to sit in a very small "window" to charge.

chum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Co worker have the otter box and the same charge pad that I have, no problem at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
The pad have to power level

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here, works greataa19ce7bbd2d26ace3caa3f3415b37ed.jpg

I like this style and how it fits in the console. What brand is it or can u provide link. Thanks!

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

chum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I like this style and how it fits in the console. What brand is it or can u provide link. Thanks!

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk
This onec9ae3aced63f754f1f311bed662b48ec.jpg

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel
There is a kit from Mopar that replaces the black rubber piece in the section below the switch bank.

I believe that kit has been discontinued my mopar.

I tapped into the 12v plug in the console, ran a USB wire up the dash and out one of the vents. Then mounted a wireless phone charger - works like a hot "nothing". Case on or Case off - still charges.

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a link to a thread talking about a wireless charger similiar to the one chum posted about above.

It's a Pioneer brand. Don't know if it is any better quality than the one chum posted. The Pioneer one is twice the price. I seen both before I decided and just chose to go with the Pioneer because of my luck with cheaper versions of electronics.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/wireless-charging-pad.134229/

- Don

chum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Here's a link to a thread talking about a wireless charger similiar to the one chum posted about above.

It's a Pioneer brand. Don't know if it is any better quality than the one chum posted. The Pioneer one is twice the price. I seen both before I decided and just chose to go with the Pioneer because of my luck with cheaper versions of electronics.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/wireless-charging-pad.134229/

- Don
Think the Pioneer one is better lol, luck might be on my side, it's perfect for me.

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I figured I'd spring for the more expensive one and see. I always have terrible luck with electronics. I guess if yours craps out, you could always buy another cheap one and still be a little cheaper than the Pioneer. I have bought some no name Chinese electronics and they worked out well on occasion.