Anyone installed a Vararam on their 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have installed about 40-50 Vararam kits on the 2019 trucks so far and hundreds on the 4th gen Rams. I did finally get Vararam to revise their instructions because they were lacking for quite some time. I did an install video showing the correct way to install the kit on a 4th gen, but havent completed a video for the 5th gen yet. Install is the same though with the exception of how the front radiator cover sits.

As long as the airbox sits level, and you clean and oil it regularly, you will not get any dirt/debris inside the filter. This is a Ram Air intake, so it will pull in more air than every other kit. More air also means more dirt though, so it does need to be cleaned more frequently than the more traditional style kits that pull air from a small hole in the fender.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Made a mistake is all. Don’t know how to remove it. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.

Its all good just was wondering, I am looking for a Vararam Kit for the 2019 1500 Limited and I am not even sure there is such a beast.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have installed about 40-50 Vararam kits on the 2019 trucks so far and hundreds on the 4th gen Rams. I did finally get Vararam to revise their instructions because they were lacking for quite some time. I did an install video showing the correct way to install the kit on a 4th gen, but havent completed a video for the 5th gen yet. Install is the same though with the exception of how the front radiator cover sits.

As long as the airbox sits level, and you clean and oil it regularly, you will not get any dirt/debris inside the filter. This is a Ram Air intake, so it will pull in more air than every other kit. More air also means more dirt though, so it does need to be cleaned more frequently than the more traditional style kits that pull air from a small hole in the fender.
Have you done this on the Ram 1500 Limited as well

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Have you done this on the Ram 1500 Limited as well
Yes. The install is the same on the limited as it is on all the other trim models.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why are you posting about a 4th Gen in the 5th Gen section? Confusing
I cross post all the time, why not? You could say I'm a "Cross Poster" and I identify as such. lol
I hope the 5th gen Vararams are just like the Airgrabbers and not some cheesy **** like the "Hemi Under Glass" they had out for 3rd gens. smh

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 5th gen Air Grabbers are the same units as the 4th I believe....

I think they are the same because they mount the same way. Just don’t over tighten them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I cross post all the time, why not? You could say I'm a "Cross Poster" and I identify as such. lol
I hope the 5th gen Vararams are just like the Airgrabbers and not some cheesy **** like the "Hemi Under Glass" they had out for 3rd gens. smh
So those 3rd gen Hemi Under Glass ones sucked huh?

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So those 3rd gen Hemi Under Glass ones sucked huh?
I never even wanted one because I always liked the Air Grabber better. I read pretty poor reviews too about the build quality from guys that had them and weren't happy with the plastic cracking, having to "snorkel" the breathing tubes up from behind the bumpers and generally didn't like 'em. You don't see many, if any, on here with 'em so that ought to tell you something.
I mean, **** look at that below and tell me how YOU couldn't like the way that looks! The Air Grabber is just pure old school cool looking!

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never even wanted one because I always liked the Air Grabber better. I read pretty poor reviews too about the build quality from guys that had them and weren't happy with the plastic cracking, having to "snorkel" the breathing tubes up from behind the bumpers and generally didn't like 'em. You don't see many, if any, on here with 'em so that ought to tell you something.
I mean, **** look at that below and tell me how YOU couldn't like the way that looks! The Air Grabber is just pure old school cool looking!
Yeah that looked like it was an overcomplicated mess tbh. I can definitely see why you modified an Air Grabber to fit your truck.

Totally agree, the Air Grabber is badass looking and it really does work. My intake temps have gotten almost to ambient before with it. I doubt any other air intake could come close to that...

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what i understand, the vararam is the exact same for the 5th gen and 4th gen.

Ive got the airgrabber on my '19 Classic, and i wouldn't dream of trading it for any other intake. You have to be careful installing it to make sure everything is seated properly, and you have to clean it fairly often. I clean and oil mine with every oil change at 5k mile intervals, and I've never seen a spec of dirt past the filter.
Ive heard that some people have issues with it not sitting flush against the hood and leaving some gaps, but I havent had that issue myself (as you can see in this picture)
The gains are very real, and very much worth the little bit of extra work to maintain. dab3b7dcd7f21763cf93c67a2980ae98.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, obviously yours doesn't have an issue seating properly!
That's an easy peasy fix too if it doesn't come up high enough with the rubber seals. Just go to "Steel Rubber Products" and order the seal needed, clean both seals with alcohol and weld them together with superglue (it's permanent too). That's how I made my seal seat to the underside of the hood 4 years ago and they're still holding up.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still waiting for a picture. Does anyone really have this installed on a 2019 limited? The hood is different so I and wanting to see the fit.