Anyone installed dual tailpipes on 3.6 V Six?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred Lambert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 gas
2017 Ram 1500 / V6 .... Thinking of using a Y splitter single to dual ... off the stock muffler and running dual tailpipes....wondering if anyone has done this. I am thinking it would increase fuel mileage, sound better and done right, it would look good too. I have a friend that owns a muffler shop and he's an artist at bending pipe. Anyone done this?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I highly doubt it will do a ythibg for mileage and just be a headache. Honestly I'd go with a cold air intake that should help a bit I'd say better gains than just adding a tailpipe to a stock muffler. Just my opinion.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Might as well put the 5.7 badge on there as well!

Side note, heard an eco boost with dual straight pipes the other day and had a nice giggle. Cooking rice

Last edited:

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar

Side note, heard an eco boost with dual straight pipes the other day and had a nice giggle. Cooking rice

you might want to watch some youtube vids of the 5.7 duals on a 3.6 before you comment.
it actually sounds really good

It can be done right, my old 2007 ranger with 4.0L v6 had a Gibson catback with duals out the rear, very nice deep rumble, you would never think it was a v6.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where are you out of? I have the stock muffler and pipes for the dual system off my truck I could sell you if you’re local. I’m in south Florida.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It does add a nice rumble on a V6. (an OEM take off a 5.7)

OP
OP
F

Fred Lambert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 gas
Where are you out of? I have the stock muffler and pipes for the dual system off my truck I could sell you if you’re local. I’m in south Florida.

Thanks but I am 60 miles north of Atlanta in the first ridge of the mountains. I sometimes hear banjos! :eek:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Lots of V6 vehicles have dual exhaust, it’s not like anyone is trying to pretend to the a hemi..... my truck may not sound like a V8 but at least my truck doesn’t sound like a sewing machine!!!!

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2017 Ram 1500 / V6 .... Thinking of using a Y splitter single to dual ... off the stock muffler and running dual tailpipes....wondering if anyone has done this. I am thinking it would increase fuel mileage, sound better and done right, it would look good too. I have a friend that owns a muffler shop and he's an artist at bending pipe. Anyone done this?

I put a take off OEM dual exhaust from someone that upgraded their exhaust. Everything bolts right up and the only thing extra you need is the back exhaust hanger. Here’s a link to a thread that I posted a couple of videos: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/an...ive-a-v6-a-deep-rumble-thats-not-loud.121319/