anyone know these mirror covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tobyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Diesel
Hi All,

I recently bought this Ram and the previous owner had put some kind of wrap over the chrome wing mirrors. (See attached pic.)They're in need of rehabbing but I can't find them in the Google. Anyone know where to get them?

It's a 2015 1500 Limited.

Cheers,
Toby.

2021-04-12 17.45.56.jpg

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I’d clean them up, tape them and Plasti Dip spry.

I sprayed my chrome covers and they came out very nice. The Plasti Dip is durable, and easy to touch up as needed.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with these.
Actually looks like real carbon fiber with the 3-D process.
IMG_0534.JPG

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That looks like they were plastidip sprayed to black them out. Might be able to peel it off and could be good chrome underneath. Haven't seen replacement mirror caps for the non tow mirrors. Those the powerfold ones?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tobyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Diesel
The previous owner told me he put them on like an adhesive wrap, but I agree that it looks very much like plastidip.
I guess one alternative is to just pop off the chrome covers and replace them with black. That seems easier to me that stripping and re-painting.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The previous owner told me he put them on like an adhesive wrap, but I agree that it looks very much like plastidip.
I guess one alternative is to just pop off the chrome covers and replace them with black. That seems easier to me that
stripping and re-painting.

You will have to buy the whole damn mirrors, covers not sold separately!
I found doners and had them color matched. Be careful popping that mirror out as you can break the motor behind it if it doesnt wanna pop off.
If you contact Benny from allmoparparts a set of sport mirrors will set you back around 400-450.

OP
OP
T

tobyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Diesel
You will have to buy the whole damn mirrors, covers not sold separately!
I found doners and had them color matched. Be careful popping that mirror out as you can break the motor behind it if it doesnt wanna pop off.
If you contact Benny from allmoparparts a set of sport mirrors will set you back around 400-450.

Yikes!

I've seen after market covers / shells on Amazon, etc for like $50. I have no idea what I'm doing, but do you think those would suffice?