Anyone know what the torque spec is for the cab mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09SilverRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My original nerf bars had a brace to the cab mount, I’m replacing them and my new steps brace to the pinch weld.

Anyone know the torque specs for the cab mount bolts when I retighten them? I can’t find it in the Haynes and don’t have a FSM.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I never found them for my 06 when I did nerf bars so I used the old back up specification Good and Tight...

Tom Davis

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My Dad has done body work for a living, pretty much his entire life. When installing mine (he enjoys helping out now that he is retired) his reply was as tight as the air wrench will go.

Last edited:

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My Dad has done body work for a living, pretty much his entire life. When installing mine (he enjoys helping out now that he is retired) his reply was as tight as the air wrench will go.
Be careful with that. Us older folks remember when impact guns maxed out at 250 - 300 ft lbs. Today's impacts are over 1000 ft lbs. That much will snap some big bolts.

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My original nerf bars had a brace to the cab mount, I’m replacing them and my new steps brace to the pinch weld.

Anyone know the torque specs for the cab mount bolts when I retighten them? I can’t find it in the Haynes and don’t have a FSM.
A good starting point may be the install instructions for a body lift if you can find it on a manufacturer website. I know that my zone 1.5" bl had torque specs for the body mounts. dont remember the number off the top of my head though

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
#3 Setting on Milwaukee 1/2 impact worked for me.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Put them on tight with a 1/2" breaker bar. That will do it.

Once you get your new 'steps' installed, evaluate if you think they're mounted securely or if they're flimsy. Some steps have brackets which go to the backside of the rocker, which makes the steps stronger and puts less stress on the rocker pinch-weld ....other's don't. The ones which don't can put a lot more stress on the rocker pinch seam ...and sometimes they'll break welds and flex a fair amount. Life's isn't going to end if that's the case, but sometimes fabbing up a little extra bracketry on the backside (if/when it's necessary) can make the step firmer and safer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963