anyone looking to add Apple carplay or Android auto to an older truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anyone looking to add Apple carplay or Android auto to an older truck without spending close to $2k you need to check this out

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08PVZRYFL?psc=1...

personally i couldnt see spending that kind of money and while reading my latest car and driver seen the add for the intellidash...
did some research on it, watched a couple you tube videos and was SOLD on it...

gotta say this thing is awesome so far, connects via bluetooth and wifi to your phone and plays through an empty FM frequency or AUX cable..
personally i like the FM as less cables to clutter up the area..

i plug my phone in the center armrest and everything is at my fingertips on the main screen ESPECIALLY my Waze and Pandora radio, the best part is the mount they send works perfect in conjunction with my bayou goat mount and allows the unit to hang down right in front of my stock 5" stereo..

and thanks to John at Boosted Motorsports and his tip of ALWAYS looking for " USED LIKE NEW " in the amazon ad's as most times these are items that have never been sold because they arrived with damaged packaging i only paid $219.99 + tax and its the latest model CAD-DU1000..

i hope this info helps those looking for apple carplay or android auto that dont want to spend a fortune OR cut up their dash for an aftermarket stereo setup
YMMV

1SLwLS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sorry to revive an old thread but I want carplay and I am cheap. Any installed pictures of your setup? I am unimaginative.