Anyone offroading with their v6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevorp12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 etorque
How does it handle on dirt roads and rocky terrain?

Looking to get a leveling or a small lift on my 22 v6 etorque and want to know how it is offroading

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I have but it's probably apples/oranges. I've got a '17 Rebel 4WD with the air system and AT tires. I was in 4H for much of it (hilly dirt two tracks and sandy gravel). When the two track ran out, I moved to 4L, it handled it like a champ. You didn't mention whether you've got a 2 or 4WD. Trim level?

OP
OP
T

trevorp12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 etorque
I have but it's probably apples/oranges. I've got a '17 Rebel 4WD with the air system and AT tires. I was in 4H for much of it (hilly dirt two tracks and sandy gravel). When the two track ran out, I moved to 4L, it handled it like a champ. You didn't mention whether you've got a 2 or 4WD. Trim level?
I've got 4wd, 3.21 gears, big horn level 2 night edition. Not too worried about the suspension more just curious about the power.

Does yours have etorque?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I've got 4wd, 3.21 gears, big horn level 2 night edition. Not too worried about the suspension more just curious about the power.

Does yours have etorque?
No, eTorque wasn't a thing before 2019. I do have a 3.92 rear so it's decent off the line, although in 4L it kind of doesn't matter. You've got plenty of power, most Wranglers are 6cyls, and they do fine off road. :cool:

OP
OP
T

trevorp12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 etorque
No, eTorque wasn't a thing before 2019. I do have a 3.92 rear so it's decent off the line, although in 4L it kind of doesn't matter. You've got plenty of power, most Wranglers are 6cyls, and they do fine off road. :cool:
Yeah those are probably 1000 lighter tho

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Looking to get a leveling or a small lift on my 22 v6 etorque and want to know how it is offroading

It would depend on what you think off-roading is.
I go off-roading 2-3 times a week, every week. I have V8. But doesn't matter much. As it usually doesn't play much of factor.

Add the lift, and better tires. Doubt power is going be your issue.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Had a 4th Gen Pentastar with 3.21's and this 5th Gen with 3.55's. They both run gravel roads, field roads, mud etc, no problem. I have a feeling you're asking more like, heavy duty off roading and goat paths up and down the ridge. I wouldn't recommend it, just for her size. All the tires and lift kits in the world can't compensate for a wide girl! There's Jeep trails around here but I wouldn't take the Ram on them unless I wanted to lose a mirror and destroy the paint with limbs.

dog___fighter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Before I lifted my rebel and put MTs on it I took it to richloam in Florida and didn’t get stuck. If you’ve never heard of it look it up it’s got some nasty holes

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45