Anyone Own this Headunit? (It looks great for $320!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lurking and watching…I really want Apple Carplay….but not bad enough to drop that kind of moolah for it

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm interested as well. I've been debating upgrading mine to get CarPlay. I wonder what the install is like? I imagine you'd still need the datalink cable (or whatever it's called) to keep the steering wheel functions?

OP
OP
socalexpeditions

socalexpeditions

Reaction score
I'm interested as well. I've been debating upgrading mine to get CarPlay. I wonder what the install is like? I imagine you'd still need the datalink cable (or whatever it's called) to keep the steering wheel functions?
We will see! I think I will give it a shot.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looks pretty clean. I noticed there is a make an offer option. You could try that too. Conversely, many sellers get a notification if you add an item to your watchlist which gives them the option to send you a notification with a lower price if you keep it in the list without buying it yet. I've gotten as much as $40-$60 off the with the latter...

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After looking at this again, it appears it will not work with my setup. I have the Alpine 8.4 unit with the subwoofer. Looking at their fitment pictures, my setup doesn't work. I'm going to keep watching this, though, 'cause I'm curious on what you find out.

ctwalton15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those wanting carplay, its okay in my opinion. I highly recommend going the wireless option if truly wanting it or else you gotta plug your phone into the radio and run a lightning cable from the back of the radio out to the front some how, maybe to a mount is the best way. But I hate having to need to plug in the phone everytime to use it, at this point I don't really care for it and don't use it anymore. Just usually use bluetooth since my head unit doesn't support wireless car play. From what I heard, you lose some features if your vehicle isn't in park or have the parking brake applied with the wireless car play but not the wired. That was kind of a deal breaker for me, and of course it costed maybe $200+ for a wireless carplay unit. I went with a pioneer DMH-1500nex. Works fine for me.