Anyone put 2 dirt bikes into a Ram Box???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trail Ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Everybody.

I regularly haul 2 dirt bikes in the back of the my 2015 Ram crew cab with the 5.5 foot regular box.

I am now looking at a low mile 2019 Ram crew cab with the 5.5 foot "Ram" box, but I was wondering how I would secure the outboard tie downs on each bike, as the bikes would need to be nearly touching the bed side walls.

Has anyone ever hauled 2 dirt bikes (motorcycles) in a 5.5 foot Ram box???

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have Ram boxes, so I can't attest to width. But with the tailgating down, you have plenty of length.

I've had my 2 Yamaha WR250s on the back of mine. It's a little snug. But they fit.

You may want to get creative and put one facing forward, the other facing rearward.

Or you can come over and borrow my enclosed motorcycle trailer.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Bingo on having the bikes facing opposite directions
It may not work but is worth trying

If one of the bikes tires on top of the tailgate, have it be the rear tire of one of the bikes.

If you are hesitant to put weight on the tailgate cables.
There is a product out of Pennsylvania called DG Tailgate Assist

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trail Ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no issue with the length and want to haul both bikes facing forward.

I just wish I could find a photo of 2 forward facing dirt bikes loaded and secured in a Ram Box.

I actually have a new custom trailer that I ordered in March .... but with the pandemic demand and the government checks / inflation accelerators, I won't be getting it until late August. But sometimes, I don't like to use the trailer, especially if the unload point that I am going to is not trailer friendly.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have no issue with the length and want to haul both bikes facing forward.

I just wish I could find a photo of 2 forward facing dirt bikes loaded and secured in a Ram Box.

I actually have a new custom trailer that I ordered in March .... but with the pandemic demand and the government checks / inflation accelerators, I won't be getting it until late August. But sometimes, I don't like to use the trailer, especially if the unload point that I am going to is not trailer friendly.

This was my issue last summer when I was looking for a trailer for my 3 quads. I ended up with a used 20' flatbed carhauler because I couldn't get a new one for months. I had to pay more than I wanted, but it was in decent shape and pulls good. I've added a few D-rings, and now I can haul 3 quads + 2 dirt bikes or 3 snowmobiles.

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Here are 2 bikes in a 2500 with ram boxes. I don't know how much more narrow the 1500 is, but they fit fine.20200306_092023.jpg

OP
OP
T

Trail Ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are 2 bikes in a 2500 with ram boxes. I don't know how much more narrow the 1500 is, but they fit fine.
Thank you. I believe the box dimensions are the same for the 1500 and 2500.

Could your please share a photo of the 2 bikes from the rear and showing how the outboard tie downs are attached? Thanks again.

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thank you. I believe the box dimensions are the same for the 1500 and 2500.

Could your please share a photo of the 2 bikes from the rear and showing how the outboard tie downs are attached? Thanks again.
I have the tie down tracks which make it simple. As for a pic from the rear, that is all I have sorry.

archarch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Hello Everybody.

I regularly haul 2 dirt bikes in the back of the my 2015 Ram crew cab with the 5.5 foot regular box.

I am now looking at a low mile 2019 Ram crew cab with the 5.5 foot "Ram" box, but I was wondering how I would secure the outboard tie downs on each bike, as the bikes would need to be nearly touching the bed side walls.

Has anyone ever hauled 2 dirt bikes (motorcycles) in a 5.5 foot Ram box???

Hey, did you ever find out if it was easy to fit two dirt bikes in the back? With them both facing forward like a full size bed? Cheers!