Anyone running Tonneau cover Extang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brny67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The part num is EXT-85430...I think it is a new line from them, if you have one please give a review.

Thanks,

Bill

OMW2SKI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had 2 Extang covers. I had the soft fold signature series on my old Nissan Frontier. I currently have the solidfold 2.0 on my Ram. Both are great. IMHO, the solid fold is worth the extra money. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Extang.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the first version of the tri-fold Extang soft top. It's about 5 years old now and holding up well. The fabric corners have lifted a little, very little. Not an issue to me at all. The plastic hinges are fragile. I've broken a couple of them. They've provided free replacements both times. I'm very careful opening and closing now, especially when it's cold out. I understand they improved that part on the next generation. It's light weight, easy to install/remove, and is even flexible enough to lock one side down and leave boards or whatever sticking out the other side. I'm not familiar with their newest stuff, so can't comment.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Don't have the product that you requested information about, but if you can't decide which one and need some time I can share that I bought a hard top tri-fold from the local always low price retailer. I had a Pace Edwards roll top originally for my 2003 ram I bought new and it worked fine up until 2016. Needing something quick for a trip I did knot know exactly what I wanted to get and I saw that they had one for the Ram for under $400. I figured if it lasted me a year until I figured out what I really wanted to get next no harm no foul. Four years later I have moved it to my new ram and it is an awesome unit. It keeps my bed bone dry, is lightweight, comes off pretty darn easy, and the hold down clamps actually fit perfectly on the bed lip of my truck so I didn't have to use the mounting hardware. I have used it in below zero and over 100 weather with snow, ice and all types of materials falling on it. Not a dent on it and it has been a good unit.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Extang makes a good product. Its construction looks very similar to the other covers in its category which are also well built. I would purchase it with confidence.

We have 2 of these in stock right now. If you would like a quote on one, send me a message.

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Currently running a trifecta 2.0 with the marine fabric option which looks to be the same top as the one you have listed. Wish they would have had that as an option when i got mine im sure its a good cover and i will tell you the fabric is 1000 times easier to keep cleaner than the other hard fold options out there. If i was in the market for another cover that would be on the top of the list for me but i am thinking about a camper top myself now.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Extang Emax trifold cover on my 2016 Ram and really like its looks and the ability to use the whole bed in a pinch without having to remove the whole cover.
Easy to install and easy to remove if needed by one person.
Initial installation will take maybe 15 minutes as you have two mounts that have to be installed.
My previous Extang Trifecta was on a 2001 Dodge Dakota I owned. I used my toolbox more than the cover. Sold that Extang to a coworker and it still looks good and no issues five years later

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I can say I bought their Revolution roll up cover and it was an inch too short. I live 20 minutes from the factory so I stopped by and they sent two of their engineers out to inspect and "adjust" it. All they did was move it back from the front a little which had it just touching the front inside of the bed and just touching the inside edge of the tailgate. They verified the part number and said that was how it fits. I returned it and got a Truxedo Lo Pro and it fit much better and is doing fine after 4 years.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've had both an Extang solid fold 2.0 and now have the Extang Encore. Loved them both and never had an issue with either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio