Anyone switch to the TRX from a Power Wagon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PWonly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I know they're different trucks, but I'm curious about the thoughts of others after they moved from a PW to a TRX. Looking right now, so appreciate the feedback.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I didn't switch exactly.
The new TRX made me decide to trade off my Laramie.
I could have afforded either but after comparing them felt like the Power Wagon was the better choice so that's what I ordered.

OP
OP
P

PWonly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I didn't switch exactly.
The new TRX made me decide to trade off my Laramie.
I could have afforded either but after comparing them felt like the Power Wagon was the better choice so that's what I ordered.

Good choice! I've only seen on TRX on the road here, maybe in time I'll actually get to test drive one. Thanks for the reply.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did. Had an ‘18 and a ‘20 wagon. Traded in for a TRX. I’m in love. if the Wagons were a 9 on the fun factor this truck is an 11. That being said, I haven’t had her in snow or off road……..yet.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did, just last week! I had a 2018 Power Wagon I purchased new. I LOVED my PW absolutely zero complaints! But, I wanted something that had a "more performance" feel to it and the TRX is exactly what I have been waiting for. Been waiting to see what RAM would do with the TRX since they posted that prototype/concept vehicle 5 years ago. If I didn't like what they did, I would have stuck with the PW. But....one drive and I was totally hooked! I've only had it a week, so we'll see how ownership of goes over time. But LOVING it so far!

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My local dealership in my hick rural Iowa town is one of the oldest in the state.
They have sold exactly 1 Power Wagon ever....MINE.
They received a TRX about 2 months ago and sold it in a week.
They have 2 more ordered for customers...

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I was at the dealership here yesterday.
Needed a parts runner truck. Bought a 2017 Ram 1500 for what they were asking because nobody will negotiate a price right now......

They have 2 TRX's. A black one and a blue one. The blue is sexy! The black is beautiful!
I just paid off my PW last week.......I'm glad that they wouldn't let me test drive the TRX! I'd probably find a way to get one.
As much as I love my PW, and driving over things in it, I really want something more sporty.
The "Dealer Markup" of $39,999 really helped me not make a decision that my wallet might regret.......

Joemac01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 HEMI
I traded my 2015 Power Wagon for my TRX in October. I loved my Power Wagon… Thuren level with King 2.5 shocks, bed slide, Diamondback cover and bedbox, ARB compressor, replced front and rear with HD steel bumpers, front wa a police push bumper. AMP power steps, Frontrunner roof rack 50” and 30” light bars, 37” tires, Raceline rims, Dethlof skid, AFE air box, and dozens of other smaller mods….

I am enjoying the TRX, and discovering new stuff all the time. It is fantastic in the snow. It puts you back into your seat when you step on it. I am working on the mods still….

Last edited:

TRX21POWERWAGON22

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2022
Engine
6.2L & 6.4L
Well I switched from a TRX to a Power wagon kind of. Both trucks are awesome! If I wasn't lucky enough to be able to have both I would pick the TRX though. I will say driving the power wagon is a little truck when you are use to driving a TRX though. I miss the heads up display when I drive the power wagon though.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Well I switched from a TRX to a Power wagon kind of. Both trucks are awesome! If I wasn't lucky enough to be able to have both I would pick the TRX though. I will say driving the power wagon is a little truck when you are use to driving a TRX though. I miss the heads up display when I drive the power wagon though.
Wait you think the powerwagon is small compared to the trx? physically or engine wise?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I traded my 2015 Power Wagon for my TRX in October. I loved my Power Wagon… Thuren level with King 2.5 shocks, bed slide, Diamondback cover and bedbox, ARB compressor, replced front and rear with HD steel bumpers, front wa a police push bumper. AMP power steps, Frontrunner roof rack 50” and 30” light bars, 37” tires, Raceline rims, Dethlof skid, AFE air box, and dozens of other smaller mods….

I am enjoying the TRX, and discovering new stuff all the time. It is fantastic in the snow. It puts you back into your seat when you step on it. I am working on the mods still….
You should join shaggys TRX forum. www.trx-forum.com