Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
FWIW, in regards to the ball mount - whne installing my ModifyStreet headlights I felt like the gap between the light and front fender was too big.

After much mucking around with it, I realized a couple things:

1. The ball that comes with the headlights is slightly longer overall, but the diameter of the ball is smaller. I swapped out the stock ball for the ModifyStreet ball

2. When I thought the ball was snapped in, I dont think it really was. It really takes some effort, I think, to get it in all the way.

The combination of those 2 things made the light-to-fender gap MUCH closer to stock. I presume those 2 things might also help the alignment setup as well.

Check the 06-12 alphaobd thread first. Make sure you can do everything you need to before purchasing. I'm not exactly sure what is available to change on 12's

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the 06-12 alphaobd thread first. Make sure you can do everything you need to before purchasing. I'm not exactly sure what is available to change on 12's

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Quoted wrong post :)

As far as the bottom gap goes....you can adjust the bottom bolt spacer, but Im not sure if that "lifts" the whole light or just the grille side of the light.

The only one I installed so far (drivers side) has a good, albeit larger than I would like, bottom gap.

On the second light I took some extra time to form the black tabs down and over the posts on the lens, so the tabs themselves wont be "proud" and holding the light up. I also added a piece of Tessa felt tape because the bottom tabs land directly on the upper valance panel. Stock ones do, too, but I figure anything to help them from wearing through the paint and plastic.

I have to finalize the wiring on the first light anyway, so I will re-form the tabs on that one as well.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Where the bottom bolt screws into that is adjustable. It can screw up and down.
I thought that what those probably did but I had the spacers readily available. Now I can swap my OEM Quads back in without having to adjust anything.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought that what those probably did but I had the spacers readily available. Now I can swap my OEM Quads back in without having to adjust anything.

Yeah they adjust weird, but they are there. You have to make sure to hold them in place while you are running down the bolt for the first few threads, otherwise the friction from the bolt adjusts them for you.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah they adjust weird, but they are there. You have to make sure to hold them in place while you are running down the bolt for the first few threads, otherwise the friction from the bolt adjusts them for you.
Like this...e4648223fb76c18237ca4b586aef82c3.jpga012ef910a7d9482bad985ef12e20c9b.jpgab9f357dc9fb4d3fbc0741ebef005fda.jpg1116febf2de6c0b6077dd9139bda486a.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
FWIW, in regards to the ball mount - whne installing my ModifyStreet headlights I felt like the gap between the light and front fender was too big.

After much mucking around with it, I realized a couple things:

1. The ball that comes with the headlights is slightly longer overall, but the diameter of the ball is smaller. I swapped out the stock ball for the ModifyStreet ball

2. When I thought the ball was snapped in, I dont think it really was. It really takes some effort, I think, to get it in all the way.

The combination of those 2 things made the light-to-fender gap MUCH closer to stock. I presume those 2 things might also help the alignment setup as well.

Oh wow, when installing my driverside light (the one that adjusted properly) it had a really clean fit and almost no gap at all. When installing the passenger side however (side they won’t adjust) there is a huge gap between the fender and back corner of the light. I wiggled and pushed it a few times but it didn’t go any further so I just assumed that was the fit on that side. I need to take them back out tomorrow anyways to install the DRL harness so I will swap out the ball mounts for the ones from my crappy backup stock quads I use in between personal headlight builds. Hopefully it makes a difference! Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Where the bottom bolt screws into that is adjustable. It can screw up and down.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Unfortunately the 2012 Rams do not have that adjustable bolt there. Just a solid block of plastic and the bolt that goes through the headlight tab. I’m guessing the 09-12 Rams don’t have that and they started that in 2013 with the introduction of the OEM Projectors.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Yea I have been reading through some of it. Even if I can only add codes like heated seats and puddle/turn mirrors, etc, id be super happy as I have a pair of turn/puddle mirrors I need to put in and I plan to pickup some heated seats, and might even pick up a set I just found locally at a junk yard for $600. All black 2016 ram leather seats, quad or crew, not sure, I only need the fronts as I am a reg cab. Even comes with the center console and radio bezel for the console and I’ve been wanting to do that swap for a few years now and those consoles usually run $400-$500 on their own so this is one hell of a deal for the f+r seats and console + bezel.

D'oh .. I like my lazy use a space way...lol

I guess i will swap the ball mounts on the AlphaRex lights and see where they sit and the gap and if I need to adjust them then I’ll add a spacer underneath the headlight tab when bolting them back in. Thanks for the idea [emoji106]

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Oh wow, when installing my driverside light (the one that adjusted properly) it had a really clean fit and almost no gap at all. When installing the passenger side however (side they won’t adjust) there is a huge gap between the fender and back corner of the light. I wiggled and pushed it a few times but it didn’t go any further so I just assumed that was the fit on that side. I need to take them back out tomorrow anyways to install the DRL harness so I will swap out the ball mounts for the ones from my crappy backup stock quads I use in between personal headlight builds. Hopefully it makes a difference! Thanks for the tip!

I have the same problem. But have been to lazy to fix it

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately the 2012 Rams do not have that adjustable bolt there. Just a solid block of plastic and the bolt that goes through the headlight tab. I’m guessing the 09-12 Rams don’t have that and they started that in 2013 with the introduction of the OEM Projectors.

Yea I have been reading through some of it. Even if I can only add codes like heated seats and puddle/turn mirrors, etc, id be super happy as I have a pair of turn/puddle mirrors I need to put in and I plan to pickup some heated seats, and might even pick up a set I just found locally at a junk yard for $600. All black 2016 ram leather seats, quad or crew, not sure, I only need the fronts as I am a reg cab. Even comes with the center console and radio bezel for the console and I’ve been wanting to do that swap for a few years now and those consoles usually run $400-$500 on their own so this is one hell of a deal for the f+r seats and console + bezel.

I guess i will swap the ball mounts on the AlphaRex lights and see where they sit and the gap and if I need to adjust them then I’ll add a spacer underneath the headlight tab when bolting them back in. Thanks for the idea [emoji106]

FYI odbmx adapters will be on a good sale for prime day.

Second FYI - $40 off coupon for modify street headlights on Amazon....v1 AND v2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
FYI odbmx adapters will be on a good sale for prime day.

Second FYI - $40 off coupon for modify street headlights on Amazon....v1 AND v2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'll pile on...Hikari Ultras are $20 off, regular Hikari's are 20% off and Katana's are 8% off...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500ram12, Just to be sure I have this right.... you have V1 lights that you retrofitted with drl strips from profile pivot, so.... although the V1's don't have the inherent function, your turns are now both switchback DRL AND sequential turns... correct? I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon on prime days and I want to make sure I got the basics right. I figured a V2 would be easier to retrofit since I know seqeuentials and switchback/ lower drls are already baked in, but I'm not sold on the smoked drl lenses and since I'm gutting out the drls I might as well save 80$ to put towards pivots. If I got this wrong I will cancel in the am and order V2 as I definitely want to have sequential turns AND and both upper and lower drls. I really wanted to wait out the motos since I do think they carry that last 5 percent in the looks department but that whole deal just seems such a shi-show and not looking to be corrected any time soon to the tune of the price commanded. Thought perhaps moto would do a 4th of July sale to get the lights down into the sub $1k range, which is my self imposed gambling limit (Got burnt on a $1200 bluesy player that I regret to this day). No dice on the independence day sale, So.. I save money and gather another project that will never get done. Lol. I ordered pivots, a set of katanas and a set of hikaris... to the victor goes the spoils and all that jazz. I'll get whatever other odds and ends as needed... and likely will wind up with alpha obd if I get any codes.

Last edited:

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it matters i have a '16 sport w/ oem projectors. Drl, if so equipped, is not currently enabled. The tails are leds too

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
1500ram12, Just to be sure I have this right.... you have V1 lights that you retrofitted with drl strips from profile pivot, so.... although the V1's don't have the inherent function, your turns are now both switchback DRL AND sequential turns... correct? I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon on prime days and I want to make sure I got the basics right. I figured a V2 would be easier to retrofit since I know seqeuentials and switchback/ lower drls are already baked in, but I'm not sold on the smoked drl lenses and since I'm gutting out the drls I might as well save 80$ to put towards pivots. If I got this wrong I will cancel in the am and order V2 as I definitely want to have sequential turns AND and both upper and lower drls. I really wanted to wait out the motos since I do think they carry that last 5 percent in the looks department but that whole deal just seems such a shi-show and not looking to be corrected any time soon to the tune of the price commanded. Thought perhaps moto would do a 4th of July sale to get the lights down into the sub $1k range, which is my self imposed gambling limit (Got burnt on a $1200 bluesy player that I regret to this day). No dice on the independence day sale, So.. I save money and gather another project that will never get done. Lol. I ordered pivots, a set of katanas and a set of hikaris... to the victor goes the spoils and all that jazz. I'll get whatever other odds and ends as needed... and likely will wind up with alpha obd if I get any codes.

I didn't go with the sequential strips because that feature didn't matter to me. But profile makes a sequential strip for a few bucks more.

Yes I have the v1's

If you ordered the headlights through Amazon make sure you contact alpharex directly and have them ship you the adapter harness. They'll ask for your order number and will ship it out for free separately or may include it with your order since it goes through them anyway.

You may luck out and not need alphaobd because your truck came with the factory projectors.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I used a generic LED strip from Amazon for upper and lower DRLs. The strips also do sequential turn signal and switchback. They werent Profile Pivots but work just fine so far and were 1/3rd the price (2 sets of these, even cheaper now because of Prime Day: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTLFMZ3).

I used them to modify a set of chrome V1 lights....wanted chrome to match the rest of my Big Horn and am not a fan of the smoked lenses either, but did like the extra features that V2 give. So I made my V1 have them too.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got my headlights features on the AlphaRex IG page lol... hopefully they are featured again after I customize them [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the look of the AlphaRex Pro-series, I may buy a pair since its Prime day..
But I hate that amber corner lens,
Has anyone seen a smoked replacement for it yet?
or any chance its the same lens as the 2019 2500 headlights?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not seen any replacements that would fit. I spoke directly to AlphaRex about it and they said amber is the only way they can do it (to meet NHTSA regulations)

They said I could possibly tint them with spray on tint, but I wanted clear ones myself.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is everyones preference in regards to direction of LEDs in these headlights?

I know there was some discussion but Im not sure everyone was on the same page (i.e. does 9 and 3 mean the LEDs are pointed to 9 and 3 or the center board is pointed 9 and 3)

Right now I have the LEDs themselves pointed at 9 and 3 (which puts the wiring aimed straight down), but I havent completed installation yet so I figured Id ask now to maybe save some work down the road.

FWIW I have Katana low beams and Hikari (non-ultra) high beams.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
What is everyones preference in regards to direction of LEDs in these headlights?

I know there was some discussion but Im not sure everyone was on the same page (i.e. does 9 and 3 mean the LEDs are pointed to 9 and 3 or the center board is pointed 9 and 3)

Right now I have the LEDs themselves pointed at 9 and 3 (which puts the wiring aimed straight down), but I havent completed installation yet so I figured Id ask now to maybe save some work down the road.

FWIW I have Katana low beams and Hikari (non-ultra) high beams.

I have mine the same way as you. I haven't tried rotating them to see if it's any different

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman