Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Pretty darn slick!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thanks bud. It just got dark outside so I am going to take a trip to a local shopping center so I can point my truck at a brick wall and do the 25ft from the wall headlight aiming. I’ll snap some pics to show the output and cut off with 4 Morimoto D2S projectors for the low beam. I’ll also get some footage of the sequential turns. I just got a new tripod for my T7i so I’m excited to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully someone here can help me. I’ve got the alpharex pro g2’s in my 16 ram factory quad light truck.

With the headlights/parking lights/fog lights (or any combination of such) everything works just fine. If my headlights/parking lights/ fog lights are OFF and I use my turn signals... my turn signals work just fine. HOWEVER, if my headlights/park lights/fog lights are ON and I use my turn signals I instantly get a “PARKING LIGHT OUT” error on my evic.

The lights themselves all appear to function properly and without any hyper flashing. But I get the annoying error message.

I have been up and down through alfaobd for 9 hours changing all of the led settings 1 by 1 and waiting the appropriate time between changes and still no luck. I have even tried using my JScan app to make setting changes and still no luck fixing the issue.

I have gone through YouTube videos,amazon reviews, Facebook posts, countless forum pages and I’ve seen a bunch of people with the exact same issue... yet either no one seems to help the person fix the issue or if the person gets the issue fixed they don’t report back with what the fix was.

sorry for the long post, would really appreciate help getting this fixed so I don’t have to keep listening to the singing and seeing my dash light up with errors. Thanks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Hopefully someone here can help me. I’ve got the alpharex pro g2’s in my 16 ram factory quad light truck.

With the headlights/parking lights/fog lights (or any combination of such) everything works just fine. If my headlights/parking lights/ fog lights are OFF and I use my turn signals... my turn signals work just fine. HOWEVER, if my headlights/park lights/fog lights are ON and I use my turn signals I instantly get a “PARKING LIGHT OUT” error on my evic.

The lights themselves all appear to function properly and without any hyper flashing. But I get the annoying error message.

I have been up and down through alfaobd for 9 hours changing all of the led settings 1 by 1 and waiting the appropriate time between changes and still no luck. I have even tried using my JScan app to make setting changes and still no luck fixing the issue.

I have gone through YouTube videos,amazon reviews, Facebook posts, countless forum pages and I’ve seen a bunch of people with the exact same issue... yet either no one seems to help the person fix the issue or if the person gets the issue fixed they don’t report back with what the fix was.

sorry for the long post, would really appreciate help getting this fixed so I don’t have to keep listening to the singing and seeing my dash light up with errors. Thanks

Did you clear the errors ?

Try turning on the hid setting ... forget the actual name of it ...I think its "High Intensity Discharge Head Lamps" ... I set that on and it got rid of that annoying error message for me at least ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

I am going to be getting the Alpharex myself in the next few days and I will see what happens with mine .... if I get the error and I manage to get rid of it I will report back here

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you clear the errors ?

Try turning on the hid setting ... forget the actual name of it ...I think its "High Intensity Discharge Head Lamps" ... I set that on and it got rid of that annoying error message for me at least ...
Yes I have cleared errors (multiple times). And yes I have enabled high intensity discharge lighting and neither changed the issue unfortunately

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems to a be a ton of issues with LED/HID upgrades. I'm looking to get a set next payday. Anybody just throw in some H7 Silverstars or Osrams? I dont necessarily need blinding light, just want the whiter light and a little extra brightness. I ran Silverstars on my last truck and they were pretty decent replacements for stock.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

It's something with the g2 switchbacks. Even with alphaobd can't be fixed. If your headlights came with a short extension on the low/high beam feed. Use that to add a resistor to the parking light feed. The connectors are the same.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Rodderrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok, so after fighting this for a while spending 3 nights reading this whole post and trying to figure out what I wanted/needed to do I think I am going to purchase a set of the Pro's and most likely add LED's to both High and Low beams. I like the pure white color so which LED's do you recommend the Hikari ultra, the Katana, the Aukee or is there something better now?

My truck is a 2012 3500 with the Quad headlamps, most comments I have seen are for 2013+ models, is my truck different than these? I know mine did not have DRL's but I think I can wire that in as I have seen.

Things I will need:
-Alpha OBD MX2+ (I have an Android phone, I think I can use with this.)
-Download AlphaOBD to my phone
-Alpharex Pro-Series for 09-18 Ram 1500/ 10-18 Ram 2500-3500 Chrome Top and Bottom DRL/Switchback Sequential Signal Dual Projector Headlights (order these with the halogens or would you get the HID's just in case?)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WZQGGJ9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1N9I2RC0NN4CX&th=1

-Purchase LED's for both High and Low Beams (or would you go with the HID's for Low and LED's for high)
-Purchase Resistors (or do I still need these with the Alpha changes)

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, so after fighting this for a while spending 3 nights reading this whole post and trying to figure out what I wanted/needed to do I think I am going to purchase a set of the Pro's and most likely add LED's to both High and Low beams. I like the pure white color so which LED's do you recommend the Hikari ultra, the Katana, the Aukee or is there something better now?

My truck is a 2012 3500 with the Quad headlamps, most comments I have seen are for 2013+ models, is my truck different than these? I know mine did not have DRL's but I think I can wire that in as I have seen.

Things I will need:
-Alpharex Pro-Series for 09-18 Ram 1500/ 10-18 Ram 2500-3500 Chrome Top and Bottom DRL/Switchback Sequential Signal Dual Projector Headlights (order these with the halogens or would you get the HID's just in case?)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WZQGGJ9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1N9I2RC0NN4CX&th=1

-Purchase LED's for both High and Low Beams (or would you go with the HID's for Low and LED's for high)
My only input, Hikari are closer to 5500k and Kitana are closer to 6500k

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Things I will need:

Do not use Amazon HID’s you will have a boatload of issues with them, they are junk. The ONLY exception would be the Innovited HID kit. Somehow in that sea of HID amazon junk, Innovited has found its way to being a semi decent hid kit for $45

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll add mine to the page.

Rocking hikira ultra leds clocked at their oem position

Alpharex g1s are the model I added ( jet black)

I had leds in my quads before these which I do think havw better output but not as modern of a look.

Anyone else rocking hikira ultras? What did you clock them at?

Anyways here are the pics! ( need to aim them up) I also had the parking light error but alphaobd fixed that for me!82bbd272f2a40797f720b7477243b4be.jpg7c138800f798b5a8d12de9773d87923c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll add mine to the page.

Rocking hikira ultra leds clocked at their oem position

Alpharex g1s are the model I added ( jet black)

I had leds in my quads before these which I do think havw better output but not as modern of a look.

Anyone else rocking hikira ultras? What did you clock them at?

Anyways here are the pics! ( need to aim them up) I also had the parking light error but alphaobd fixed that for me!82bbd272f2a40797f720b7477243b4be.jpg7c138800f798b5a8d12de9773d87923c.jpg

Legit [emoji108]

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Question, I recently added the dedicated DRL harness that @Mpgrimm2 made for me. I don't know if I'm imagining things or not, but is it possible that the headlights would appear brighter in any way if the DRLs have their own separate power (because the headlights look brighter)?

TheColt69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hijack... but Quick question before I buy... with all the questions and possible support needed, should I order directly through alpharexusa website ($415 or so) or the retrofit source ($329 I think). Only thing I thought would be maybe trs isn’t the g2? But it had the same sku number (880597). I’d like to get them from trs just because I can add the morimoto 2stroke leds at the same time but...??

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Sorry to hijack... but Quick question before I buy... with all the questions and possible support needed, should I order directly through alpharexusa website ($415 or so) or the retrofit source ($329 I think). Only thing I thought would be maybe trs isn’t the g2? But it had the same sku number (880597). I’d like to get them from trs just because I can add the morimoto 2stroke leds at the same time but...??

Didn't realize TRS sold alpharex headlights now. Doesn’t matter who you buy through, TRS, eBay, Amazon or directly from alpharex. It ships from alpharex. And all you need is your order number of you have a issue to give to alpharex for warranty

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update guys. I did have to re clock my led bulbs to get better output. So if you install the alphrarex and the beam is eh... move the clocking of the bulbs until you get the best output prior to finishing your install.

My current set up is Hikari ultras in my lows with their cheaper $39.00 model in my Highs. I had to adjust the clocking position on both leds to get better output. Besides that its been flawless. If you dont wanna deal with the switchback error code go with the G1s like i did. Less headaches

Alpha obd was downloaded which ditched the error after Changing it to led blinkers. I also made it so that if I use high beams my lows and fogs stay on which is nice.

I purchased everything off amazon.

dc78ff3a7399fb554c48fb7c4e9ce2c4.jpg

Last edited: