Anyone use this ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Anyone change the plastic Oil Filter Housing to the Dorman 926 876 Aluminum ?

If so did you notice any Temperature difference since metal should disperse heat better then plastic ?
From what I have heard the plastic can become brittle over time from the heat !

About how much time to install it ?
I know you have to use the OEM Oil Cooler as no one makes a after market one !

I am thinking when I get near 100k I would get it done!

Thoughts ? Thanks

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed mine out for the Dorman a couple months ago due to the factory plastic one leaking oil. My brother in law is a mechanic and it took a couple hours. He had never done one before. Not sure about temp changes but I'm glad I was able to find a Dormant aluminum one. They seemed very hard to come by at the time.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I changed mine out for the Dorman a couple months ago due to the factory plastic one leaking oil. My brother in law is a mechanic and it took a couple hours. He had never done one before. Not sure about temp changes but I'm glad I was able to find a Dormant aluminum one. They seemed very hard to come by at the time.
Thanks, From the You Tube videos I have seen the plastic can dry out and crack causing leaks and some gasket areas do as well causing oil and anti freeze to mix ! My gues was a 3 to 4 hr job,, I will check with my mechanics to see if he will do it at my next oil change, That is about my paygrade to do lol

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Is there a sense of how many miles or how old the truck needs to be before a leak becomes problematic? I'm interested in buying a dorman assembly too to keep as a spare.

The motorcity mechanic has a nice video on it here:

David Pike seems the expert!

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Is there a sense of how many miles or how old the truck needs to be before a leak becomes problematic? I'm interested in buying a dorman assembly too to keep as a spare.

The motorcity mechanic has a nice video on it here:

David Pike seems the expert!
Yea I have seen that video.. I like all his videos !
As for when to change the adapter do not know but I want to do it before the problem starts, Did my plugs at 83k just to stay ahead!

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
This is a company that claims to make a full aluminum or pot metal replacement unit with the trans cooler already attached.

One reviewer said that he installed in on a 2017 3.6L RAM and the oil pressure sensor wasn't correct for his application. Said it fit perfectly so it's the new style filter also.

Rado: I'd like to think that this would be replaced at the same time I did the spark plug service around 100,000 miles. That would require both upper and lower intakes to come off- So it's going to be a long while for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
This is a company that claims to make a full aluminum or pot metal replacement unit with the trans cooler already attached.

GREAT another choice, :) Thanks I have it book marked

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye