Anyone with front sport bumper and Park sense?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you tell me how the sensors attached inside the front bumper? There is not the Same type of set up as in the rear. They look like they are shaved in front. Is the clip built into the bumper itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to know this as well. I was thinking I might have to do it the same as the rear but it just doesn’t look like it will work at all.

Cosirius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Can you tell me how the sensors attached inside the front bumper? There is not the Same type of set up as in the rear. They look like they are shaved in front. Is the clip built into the bumper itself?

it's a clip that should come with the sensors

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are six sensors compared to the four in back. The "brackets" that the sensors and their rubber gaskets snap into do have different part numbers to ensure a 90 degree facing of the sensors for both the front and sides.

That said, I'd added front and back parksense to my 2016 Tradesman using the following thread. I had to make more wiring modifications as some of the harnesses didn't exist in my truck. Unfortunately as there is a lot of methods to approach it's not a simple step by step DIY guide. Thread started as "rear parksense" but had front details added as well.

Note, front and rear parksense use a separate module than rear parksense only. So you'll need not only the front wiring, but the additional module. Fortunately the 14 wire connector needed for the front harness to the module is still in stock. The 12 wire connector is discontinued at most part suppliers, but you'll have that already if you already have the rear parksense module installed in your truck.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-rear-park-assist.127894/

OP
OP
bellaireroad

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks,
I have not seen one of these close up, but the sport bumper looks like it is shaved. There does not appear to be the bezel that snaps in from the outside, like it does on the rear bumper. The sensor appears to be held from the inside of the bumper somehow.
2569e539868741bd767d18025836ae8f.jpg

Here is a photo posted by a forum member recently, Maybe the bezel just blends in and can’t be seen. I asked him to send a picture, but he hasn’t gotten back

Last edited: