App for logging maint/services.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
I'm going to start off by saying I'm not affiliated with this app, I just genuinely like it so much I wanted to share it.

Woke up this morning with a wild idea to look for an app to track service and maint.

I was using excell to track parts, part #s, service intervals etc and storing it in the cloud. And a notebook in my center console to log performed services, mileage/date, troubleshooting findings, note any quirks/issues I'm experiencing etc. (Sort of a personal carfax)

I found an app and I'm in love with it. It's called "aCar" made by "Fuelly", the guys who made that fuel consumption tracker. Figured i would share. I've spent most of my break periods at work today inputting part informations

Screenshot_20181116-115445.jpg

Everytime I'm at the parts store, i forget what's what and spend 5-10 standing in an aisle googling capacitys, part numbers, bulbs or whatever. Learned the hard way the information stored in the part store computer is usually wrong.
2 clicks and I'm at my parts page now.

You can set service reminders, store important vehicle information, track fuel consumption, make notes etc

Screenshot_20181116-115431.jpg

Anyway, if you guys are already caught up with the rest of the digital world, my bad but for those who are slow, like me, give it a try.

Cheers

BrazenHaven

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with eTorque
ACar is great...if you have android. They have fuelly on iOS but it costs you monthly. I use AUTOsist. It’s pretty good but I did like aCar better.

2019 Ram 1500 Rebel
N-Fab Epyx Bars
Bak Revolver X2
Pro-tech bed liner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slevin

Reaction score
I love acar. It's the only app I've ever paid extra for the "pro" version. Great way to keep track of mileage, but even better, upcoming maintenance. I copied my Charger's maintenance schedule from the owner's manual and use it all the time.

Later2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Car Minder. Like most of these apps, it depends on how well you keep up on inputting info.

Ghostman

US Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 4x4, 2500
Thanks for that great info. I will have to look it up and give it a try.

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just use the MyRam app to log my maintenance records. I may look into this also, it seems to have more information. Thanks.

OP
OP
Nick_rp

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
It's nice to be able to track details. I've had to refer to the app quite a few times for my vin or plate number.

There is an issue with the app right now that whenever I try to edit the details of the truck the app crashes. I accidentally put crew cab instead of quad, so instead I wrote it in the notes at the bottom
3df90f8765d6e854e5d27e27a70d8a61.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk