Apparant Defective Products Stampede Window Deflector by Real Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For $100 I bought the Stampede flimsy plastic fake chrome window wind deflectors.

They "rock" or fit unevenly when placed on the flat rubber above the doors as per the directions. It misses fully flat adhesion by 3/32". In fact, if you fully depress the self sticking corners, they AUDIBLY POP back.

I think the idea of applying self adhesive to rubber is sketchy at best.

I suspect they'll blow off in time, just after my warranty, and the surprising thing about Real Truck and Stampede was they refuse to help, or even to acknowledge the problem.

Their manager appears to be in hiding, and although they promised he'd call back, it never happened. Hard to believe.

Beware of the Stampede product.

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
I agree. Nobody should pay $100 for plastic chrome. If they don't stick, that's bad news. I thought Real Truck was better than that.

OP
OP
E

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The part that gets me is that the manager at Stampede flatly refuses to discuss an apparently defective product. Their policy is like "the customer is wrong." Who does that?

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
I guess that no company like Real Truck wants to admit a manufacturing or design defect. Personally I'd never buy that Stampede plastic junk.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I mean, I would never buy stick on vent shades/visors anyway. They all come off eventually, plus they're ugly. In-channel ones are the way to go. Smoked is also the way, never chrome

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since you’re already $100+ into these I think I would try and remove as much of the adhesive as I could and reinstall with some 3M dual stick automotive tape.

OP
OP
E

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Don't know if I already have 3m adhesive or not, so replacing adh. might or might not help.

The real problem is the faulty design. Prior Stampede models mounted to the painted metal at top of doors. Some idiot designed these to mount to a fat rubber strip near the door top. Problem is, they misfit the rubber and actually rock on the different surfaces. Would you rather bond to paint or rubber???

The seemingly haughty manager/boss at Real Truck/Stampede relayed a message that it was my problem. He said they've made 100,000 of these. I SAY, IF YOU MADE THEM LIKE MINE, YOU MADE 100,000 PIECES OF JUNK!

Real Truck may or may not sell some ok products, but Stampede is not one of them, and their attitude stinks. No more Stampede for me.