applying tire shine product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
This is what I use. Good for getting in crevasses like mud terrain tires.
Over spray on rims wipe off pretty easy. This sprays on clear and not foamy white like other sprays. The spray pattern is 1/4 smaller than the pattern of spray paint so it's easier to control over spray. Doesn't take much to cover a tire, just make sure the tire is fully dry before coating so it sticks. Can is pretty cheap, think like $6 @ Walmart.
20180324_121356.jpg

My wife's Corolla's tire. I'll post pics of my truck when it stops raining and I can get it cleaned up.

20180324_121441.jpg

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s my 37’s with Areospace 303, it’s not wet looking but I never liked that look. I just want mine to look clean and new with a slight sheen and have a UV protection. No sling because there’s nothing to sling. I spray it on my tires, then use this brush to work it around. I then do the next tire, then when all 4 done I go back to first tire and use brush to work around any runs, works great imo.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/carrand-brush-and-shine-applicator.html#.Wt4syRZOmEd

D2A02448-6C74-48AB-AD6B-E2115E605DF0.jpeg

Last edited:

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hands down... Lucas (Water Based) Slick Tire and Trim Shine. This brings back a more 'natural' looking shine... not over-glossy. I just spray it on the tire, and wipe down with a cloth or old t-shirt.

https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-10513-Slick-Shine/dp/B003L36UGQ

Can be found for around $7.00 - $8.00. Well worth it. No more silicone based tire dressings for me!!

smithj603

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 BigHorn CC
Engine
I didn't read thru all the posts but I really like Opti-bond tire gel, not wet looking but a nice clean shine. You definitely want a water based product to avoid the brown color once it dries out. I also like the gel because there's no overspray to worry about, also works well on all plastic trim- just rub in a couple areas with a microfiber and come back a few mins later to buff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFUJ4T2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't read thru all the posts but I really like Opti-bond tire gel, not wet looking but a nice clean shine. You definitely want a water based product to avoid the brown color once it dries out. I also like the gel because there's no overspray to worry about, also works well on all plastic trim- just rub in a couple areas with a microfiber and come back a few mins later to buff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFUJ4T2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Agreed on the water based products. After I spend like a full day cleaning my tires, I'll never use a oil based shine again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
After a good warm bath.
I apply with a small microfiber rag.

If applied to a new tire (regularly) an owner will not be subject to sidewall cracking or dry rot.
My main big pro is this product once applied does not attract dirt/grime.
(Keeps tires looking like new) if they are taken care of on a daily basis.

A2A5D06C-E06D-46AF-BE29-F39137BC9E76.jpeg

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After a good warm bath.
I apply with a small microfiber rag.

If applied to a new tire (regularly) an owner will not be subject to sidewall cracking or dry rot.
My main big pro is this product once applied does not attract dirt/grime.
(Keeps tires looking like new) if they are taken care of on a daily basis.

View attachment 126387
Same product applied to trim, chem guys VRP is a amazing product. Never used it on tires but I know it would look fantastic
6f92164b19d172636f539a62c0ad3e08.jpg

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soaks right in as well and leaves behind no residue (as long as you apply correctly and wipe any excess off.)

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
all good products

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Wow that works very well. Also Protectant 303 is another one will not leave a residual and is very effective.

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hands down... Lucas (Water Based) Slick Tire and Trim Shine. This brings back a more 'natural' looking shine... not over-glossy. I just spray it on the tire, and wipe down with a cloth or old t-shirt.

https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-10513-Slick-Shine/dp/B003L36UGQ

Can be found for around $7.00 - $8.00. Well worth it. No more silicone based tire dressings for me!!

Hey Guys.

Quick question here. I posted the above a couple months back and noticed something. After I had my truck detailed at the dealership I purchased it from... my Lucas Slick Trim and Tire Shine no longer 'sticks' to the tires (and looks like crap) because the dealer applied a silicone-based tire dressing.

Any thoughts on what to use to 'lift/remove' that chemical from the tire, so the water based dressing works again??? I wish they wouldn't have used it. Too glossy and too much sling onto the side of the truck... for me anyways.

I use Westley's Whitewall Cleaner on the tires at every wash, but maybe some dish soap and a good scrubbing would help. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gregg

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
have used Westley's for years to clean up white lettering and tire wall.

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Hey Guys.

Quick question here. I posted the above a couple months back and noticed something. After I had my truck detailed at the dealership I purchased it from... my Lucas Slick Trim and Tire Shine no longer 'sticks' to the tires (and looks like crap) because the dealer applied a silicone-based tire dressing.

Any thoughts on what to use to 'lift/remove' that chemical from the tire, so the water based dressing works again??? I wish they wouldn't have used it. Too glossy and too much sling onto the side of the truck... for me anyways.

I use Westley's Whitewall Cleaner on the tires at every wash, but maybe some dish soap and a good scrubbing would help. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gregg

I'd try a dawn dish soap and a stiff brush

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, a good friend of mine suggested Dawn with a good scrubbing as well.

It 'takes grease out of the way'... so why not silicone tire dressing?!? :)

Thanks guys.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never bring your truck to a dealership for detailing. Most use cheap products in bulk and have no regard for what they're doing to your vehicle.

^^^^^This post needs to be in all caps and in bold print!!!!!!!! There are almost NO exceptions to this advice!!!!!
Jay

Last edited:

GSchwizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks... but about 2 months too late!! LOL!

If I had to do it all over again, I'd pass. Anyways, I did the above last night during a thorough wash... sprayed the tires up heavily with Westley's and let that soak for a few minutes, then scrubbed the be-jesus out of them with a old wash mit and Dawn dish soap/water solution. 3 out of the 4 tires now look great again with the Lucas Trim and Shine on them... must not have scrubbed the 4th tire as much.

Will repeat the process on the next wash. Just glad I got that crap off the tires. They're back to that 'new' look... not the overdone, gawdy look.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s my 37’s with Areospace 303, it’s not wet looking but I never liked that look. I just want mine to look clean and new with a slight sheen and have a UV protection. No sling because there’s nothing to sling. I spray it on my tires, then use this brush to work it around. I then do the next tire, then when all 4 done I go back to first tire and use brush to work around any runs, works great imo.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/carrand-brush-and-shine-applicator.html#.Wt4syRZOmEd

View attachment 126277
Got a link for this stuff so I can buy some?

I love the matte look. A little shine but not that soaking wet look is perfect and I’d like to get some to try on mine.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a link for this stuff so I can buy some?

I love the matte look. A little shine but not that soaking wet look is perfect and I’d like to get some to try on mine.

You can put this on your dash, door panels, exterior trim, tires or anywhere. Check the reviews it’s awesome. Do a search though because you may can find it cheaper or locally.

The wipes work great for interior.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CS...ospace+303&dpPl=1&dpID=41PdIKSM9QL&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/303-Products...protectant&dpPl=1&dpID=51MXFXYnSFL&ref=plSrch

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334