ARB air compressor mounting location suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all. Need help on finding a spot/bracket for mounting a twin ARB compressor. Ideally I want it under the hood. Has anyone successful mounted one there? I'm trying to find a spot, and thiers plenty of empty space, but no flat surfaces.

I've thought about the floor bins in the back but man that's a tight squeeze and I'm afraid of the heat. Anyone successfully mount one there?

Wonder where AEV mounts thiers since they use air lockers... assuming they use the twin compressor?

I'm not looking for suggestions of mounting it in the bed, have a camper there, or under the truck on the frame, to much dust and mud.

Thanks all for the insight.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Pull one of the front wheel well liners out, there maybe room inside the fender well area.
If you didn't have a power wagon I would say there is lots of room in front of the radiator between the frame rails to mount the compressor.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not the dual ARB compressor, so maybe not helpful! I mounted the compressor for my airbags in the floor box behind the driver’s seat! A couple years now with no heat issues!

7F4EE636-D5AA-44C1-B204-82A5E9B6CF1A.jpeg 4ADFDD40-1103-4195-A9FB-E538CF4ABD42.jpeg

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I saw someone put a head unit for a ham radio behind the rear seat. Don’t know if the ARB will clear.

If you use a compressor for extended runs such as airing tires significant heat will be generated. My ViAir gets hot enough to fry an egg on the cylinder head.

As long as there’s space I don’t see why any halfway competent metal fabrication shop couldn’t make you a custom bracket for under hood.

PS there’s dead space in the front corners of the bed with a camper in place. I’ve seen batteries and other seldom accessed components installed there.