Are 2020 Ram Tradesman prewired for factory amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattavius1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a 2020 ram Tradesman, are they prewired for stereo amplifiers? My tradesman came with basic radio. Upgraded factory radio with 5 in touchscreen, replaced factory speakers. Want to add either factory amp, or aftermarket amp. I understand that with aftermarket amp will need line converter, but hoping to save a little time not having to run power ground wires. Thanks

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, your tradesman will not be prewired for a higher end factory stereo. It is easy to add a sub amp and speaker amp to your system though.
Depending on your end goal, there are a few options to get to where you want to go without swapping headunits and keeping it looking OEM. One option is using an Audio Control LC2i or an LC7i, or a PAC Audio AMPpro. I have used both for my truck and some of my friend's trucks.

How crazy do you want to go with your stereo? Do you want to add a subwoofer? Do you want to amp all the speakers and add a sub?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattavius1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have upgraded all factory speakers, would like to add a five channel amp to power all six speakers (front door and dash use same channel) and sub. NOthing to crazy, but just a little better sounding and a little louder to make the aftermarket speakers perform better

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
If you already upgraded your speakers, I would highly suggest you use that five channel amp and go active on your fronts and leave the rear speakers powered by the head unit. Use two channels for the dash, two channels for the door and let the rear speakers just rear fill then at your sub. Way better sound.