are there any intake mods that actually help MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplj8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reading about intakes, CAI, RamAir, Variram...etc. What I am noticing is that no one is really seeing any noticeable increase in MPG. They make nice noises...but no real boost in MPG. Has anyone had an experience where your real world MPG was improved?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got about 1mpg and about 1 from my muffler delete after the initial heavy pedal factor lol.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reading about intakes, CAI, RamAir, Variram...etc. What I am noticing is that no one is really seeing any noticeable increase in MPG. They make nice noises...but no real boost in MPG. Has anyone had an experience where your real world MPG was improved?
Stock is generally setup to be as close to max mpg you will get. Any changes that adjust your fuel or air generally lower your mpg. If you want to lower mpg you can reduce vehicle weight and increase aerodynamics by lowering it slightly

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Reduce weight, become a hyper-miler, don't use your truck remote start ever are all free ways to add MPG. Read a lot of feedback on CAIs, seems more often than not the payoff just isn't there.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
installed the MBRP catback dual system over the weekend and finished the last pipe yesterday. over this entire week driving to work, i got 2 mpg more than I ever have! I dont know if it is the brake in period (4400 miles) or the exhaust but something triggered a gain. im really suprised and dont really care about MPG but that gauge is always floating around 17-18 on the highway now.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yeah, depends how much bashing. For $330+, I'd want some CAD layout assurance first. Being retired and on a fixed income now limits the $$ fun.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, depends how much bashing. For $330+, I'd want some CAD layout assurance first. Being retired and on a fixed income now limits the $$ fun.
Yeah I agree, the idea is to pick-up a used Vararam or there like (like me) for the cheap (relatively) and start bashing! That's what I did, Phase 3 in the "bashing" stage as we speak, a functional 6pack hood scoop with remote operational butterflies to feed the Vararam from the top!
It's getting there...
IMG_1332.JPG IMG_1334.JPG