Are There "Steer Tires" For The Front Wheels of a 3500 Dually?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im not sure what size tire and wheel you have, but i couldnt help but think of the nitto dura grappler when you were explaining the type of tire you are looking for…its a heavy duty street friendly tire…

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
As mentioned, Thuren alignment specs, most importantly just about ZERO toe-in. You may have to shop around to find a shop who will use other than factory specs.

As to tires, Bridgestone Duravis R500 are a closed shoulder design, and are about as good as you'll get.
I continue to be impressed with what I am finding about these Bridgestone Duravis tires. My dually rear tires are still good but the front ones need to be replaced soon. Where might be the best place to buy these Bridgestones?

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
As mentioned, Thuren alignment specs, most importantly just about ZERO toe-in. You may have to shop around to find a shop who will use other than factory specs.

As to tires, Bridgestone Duravis R500 are a closed shoulder design, and are about as good as you'll get.

Well, TJ, I went ahead and ordered 2 new Bridgestone Duravis tires online from Discount Tires. Upon closely examining the original cheap Nexen Roadians, they are also much more worn on the outer edge, with cupping. When I go to have them do the install, I'll have them do the zero toe in. Thanks again for reccomending the Bridgestone Duravis R500!

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L

tif, here, below are those Bridgestones you recommended mounted on my front wheels! Got them on Wednesday 2/8 at Discount Tire. After being installed, I tracked my mpg on my 120 mile loop home from Phoenix and I averaged 2 mpg more w/ these, -- and with the .05 - 0 toe in alignment you suggested. Thanks so very much !!​

DSCF6628.JPG

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
My 2500 CTD tips the scale empty around 5000 so your 3500 should only be a few hundred pounds heaver....
THe 2019 3500 duelly with the high output Cummins weighs 6,000 pounds. Much heavier transmission, rear differential, frame, and springs.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
The front axles on these trucks from the factory are set up with a toe in similar to the IFS front suspension like the half tons. Being a straight axle there shouldn't be any....I'm running into a similar issue as well. Use the Thuren specs for alignment that they have posted on there website. It should help out with the wear. I need to do it to mine as well.

Going to rotate the tires around, the rears are wore even, the fronts are chopped/cupped on the outer edges on mine.
OC, is that your rig in your profile pic? Looks like a Longhorn. Those are NICE! I have the Laramie. You still have those el cheapo Nexens on your truck? Another Member here recommened the Bridgestone Duravis R500 HD and I got a new pair for the front, and zeroed out the toe. Fantastic tire,... some reviewers say they are getting over 200,000 miles on them!