ARH headers installed on 19 Ram 3500 6.4 done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

928dennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess the bottom line is, I use it for reference and did check it once by hand before and it was very close. I have gotten well into the 17's before on my first trip on it. As for mods I can see a tuner if there will ever be one out and maybe a cold air setup, but just can't bring myself to change the exhaust. I have had catback's in the past and everyone of them have increased the noise to some degree, Love how quite this new truck is. If your only talking 10 or 15HP on the exhaust and that being in a very narrow rpm range I don't see it.I guess I will ask the question for all the guys who have put catbacks on, To really make them work then you should use hearders up front of them, that's where the real problem is, I don't care what you do behind the stock manifolds they are the cork period. Even Nick at ARH ask me if I was going to change the rest of the exhaust behind the headers and I told him no,he also felt the stock exhaust was way big and was fine, just don't touch it he said coming from a exhaust guy,If people could fill how big the HP increase was with headers this would be the first thing they would do. I have been around cars and engines most all my 65 years and will tell you I have never put headers on anything and had it fill this much stronger everywhere, smooth and responsive. The 30 to 40 wheel HP claimed is real, not even talking torque that went up a bunch. I hope the new cats will fix the issue and we can move on, but the headers are coming off if not.At some point you just say enough is enough, I didn't sign up to be a test project and then have to pay to be one.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Youre going to end up costing me 2k if you keep talking the way you're talking

I want headers. I start with the bolt ons first and work my way up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP

928dennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2000.00 is a tuff pill to take for sure. I did see a few days ago that some company on E bay is selling stainless steel headers for the 2500 3500 from 800.00 to 1000.00 with or without cats. They look just like ARH who knows? A few years ago I bought a pair OBX long tube headers for my 5.0 Mustang off E bay for 200.00 with H pipe and they are nice. Stainless steel, thick flanges, fit really well and still look good today. You never know I guess.