ARH Long Tube Headers for 6.4 Hemi - wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just ordered ARHs from Moes ,we will see how it goes. I may need one of those vins .

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered ARHs from Moes ,we will see how it goes. I may need one of those vins .
Did your order go through? I read on the vendor section that he may be away at the moment and some are having trouble making orders. Ive emailed Moe's but no yet received a response. If he is taking orders then im right behind you on those ARH's.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Did your order go through? I read on the vendor section that he may be away at the moment and some are having trouble making orders. Ive emailed Moe's but no yet received a response. If he is taking orders then im right behind you on those ARH's.

He's all over Tuned Rams and High Performance Rams on facebook lately,might be easier to track Matt Fikac down there then on his site these days

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes ,it went through,was in the early evening,so I hope it sticks.
Thats good news. Please let us know if otherwise. I see you are in a 2014. Is that the 6speed or 8speed? Theres a guy on the forum selling a set of arh but i believe they are for the 8speed. Not sure what the difference is as far as headers.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thats good news. Please let us know if otherwise. I see you are in a 2014. Is that the 6speed or 8speed? Theres a guy on the forum selling a set of arh but i believe they are for the 8speed. Not sure what the difference is as far as headers.

The headers themselves should be the same,the midpipes are where the differances lie.You can use the 8 speeds midpipe with the 6 speed,but quite often the 6 speeds midpipe will have clearance issues under the 8 speeds transmission pan.If they're listed for the 8 speed,they should fit both transmissions

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The headers themselves should be the same,the midpipes are where the differances lie.You can use the 8 speeds midpipe with the 6 speed,but quite often the 6 speeds midpipe will have clearance issues under the 8 speeds transmission pan.If they're listed for the 8 speed,they should fit both transmissions
Appreciate that info. I just might have to entertain this offer then.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I wonder if I should just quit saving for the headers and go with some less costly mods instead? I mean, if EPA is cracking down on all these street sales.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if I should just quit saving for the headers and go with some less costly mods instead? I mean, if EPA is cracking down on all these street sales.
I wonder if i shouldve not bought all these other mods and just went with LT? I hear they are the best bang for buck but did i listen? Nooo i went with ST and now im saving money for LT.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I wonder if i shouldve not bought all these other mods and just went with LT? I hear they are the best bang for buck but did i listen? Nooo i went with ST and now im saving money for LT.

No, the point is, if I wait the next several months to acquire the loot for the LT headers, they may no longer be for sale because of EPA crackdown on the manufacturers. Get it, now?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
No, the point is, if I wait the next several months to acquire the loot for the LT headers, they may no longer be for sale because of EPA crackdown on the manufacturers. Get it, now?

I just ordered a set of JBA long tubes and catless midpipes for my wifes Challenger just for that reason.I wasn't going to put headers on till next year,but i'm getting a little worried about being able to get them next year.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I just ordered a set of JBA long tubes and catless midpipes for my wifes Challenger just for that reason.I wasn't going to put headers on till next year,but i'm getting a little worried about being able to get them next year.

I hear ya - I might have to put off some other things and jump on this.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hear ya - I might have to put off some other things and jump on this.

It will make a big difference on towing. Did on my 1/2 ton. Effectively makes the power band start sooner and last longer.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
It will make a big difference on towing. Did on my 1/2 ton. Effectively makes the power band start sooner and last longer.

Yeah, I know. That's not in question - EPA rejuvenation vs. time to funding is.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, I know. That's not in question - EPA rejuvenation vs. time to funding is.

Looks like that exta EPA hooplah is for the non-catted kits. Just get the kit with CATs when you are ready, less questions asked.

CATs will keep the smell down and tame some of the engine vibration/noise. Probably no appreciable difference in performance unless you are racing a stopwatch.

Not sure with 2500s, but Moes sells the headers by themselves and then you could have a custom Y using your OEM CATs. I considered using CATs but was being a cheapskate and the additional smell and noise is within tolerance for me to remain a cheapskate.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Looks like that exta EPA hooplah is for the non-catted kits. Just get the kit with CATs when you are ready, less questions asked.

CATs will keep the smell down and tame some of the engine vibration/noise. Probably no appreciable difference in performance unless you are racing a stopwatch.

Not sure with 2500s, but Moes sells the headers by themselves and then you could have a custom Y using your OEM CATs. I considered using CATs but was being a cheapskate and the additional smell and noise is within tolerance for me to remain a cheapskate.

I'm not so sure about that. The cats ARH advertises are "low restriction", which means lower restriction than stock. Found out these are 200 cell, stock is 400 cell. ARH says these are NOT EPA certified or tested. I wouldn't want to challenge EPA. Already found out my state legally considers any replacement parts not "approved" by the OEM are a violation of EPA regulations.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just for the halibut, I sent an email to ARH asking about concern with squeezing their headers into my 2500 truck frame regarding hot surfaces. Here is their reply:

"Brian,

There’s no need for concern with under hood heat. Our headers are made using a high quality USA made 304 S/S. It does a great job containing heat as is. We use a heavier wall thickness for all truck applications to prevent cracks and provide outstanding overall durability. Order with confidence. You will not have a problem. Thank you for inquiring.
"

Member comments on this should reflect this is ARH's position - not my opinion.