ARH Long Tubes with stock muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0118hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had hi-flow catted ARH long tubes on my truck with a full catback on my truck for a little over 2 years now and the sound is amazing but obviously very loud. Since installing, however, I've moved and the truck has become more of a daily work vehicle than a fun truck so I've been thinking about toning it down a little. I've been thinking about throwing just the stock muffler back on, but I don't want it to defeat the purpose of the headers. I still want some sound; maybe stock sports car/a little louder sounding? Don't want it to be just like stock again. Does anyone have experience with stock exhaust/long tubes? Or a better muffler suggestion? Thanks

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could look at borla touring catback kit. It would be barely louder than stock since it’s a large body muffler but still flow well since it’s a through type muffler. The s type is a medium body muffler and is a medium sounding exhaust on a stock truck. I have arh long tubes catted and borla s type and it’s definitely louder but not extremely loud in my opinion. I can go on long drives and there are no complaints of being to loud even from my parents or in laws. If I did it again I may have bought the touring version just to be quieter for more of the sleeper effect.

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If the stock muffler doesn't cost you power it would probably be perfect. Factory converters are the best mufflers, race converters are louder, no converters are loudest. The headers themselves won't change the volume as much as mufflers and converters. The loudness and flow of a converter can be predicted by the cell per inch count of the converter substrate and the length of the substrate.

Tubes and no converters with a stock muffler will be a louder and raspier stockish sound. I wouldn't be surprised if it is more aggressive than you think.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
I may look into this too, my sounds like an angry explosion when it starts with catless ARH headers and small dual mufflers...
yea that happened on my last truck i tried to tone it down after the LTs and after i blew out the second magnaflow i was going to put stock exhaust back on but i sold it before i did

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We got a couple great options for a more tame exhaust that will still have a deep tone and will be free flowing. I highly recommend the Borla Touring catback or the Solo Mach 40 catback.

Message me if you would like a quote or more info.

Noob2Trucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm actually running the ARH headers, high-flow cats, a QTP cutout, and stock exhaust after that. It is basically bone stock quiet when the cutout is closed.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
If u have the stock muffler go with the flo pro muffler it’s $190 bolt in. better sound and no drone froM what I have heard. I run a borla muffler with a resonator before on a stock setup and it’s the loudest I would go with a daily. I have some shorty headers to go on when it gets warmer due to emission laws in CT.