ARH LT header install from top ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some people do and some people don't. I didn't use any--but I re-torqued them after about 500 miles.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ill post an update soon. Im gathering all my parts and looks like ill be adding a few new tools to my collection.

On the header bolts where they bolt to the heads. Do you guys recommend using any lock-tite ? or Anti-Seize on them before i install them ?

Use a good quality anti-seize. If you do hunt up that style socket it is 7/16".I thought I might of posted the wrong size ,but I just checked my mix of Stage 8 and JBA bolts and they are 7/16".With it and a long extension I can get at pretty well all the bottom bolts by going between the pipes,and most of the top bolts using a slightly shorter extension

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Use a good quality anti-seize. If you do hunt up that style socket it is 7/16".I thought I might of posted the wrong size ,but I just checked my mix of Stage 8 and JBA bolts and they are 7/16".With it and a long extension I can get at pretty well all the bottom bolts by going between the pipes,and most of the top bolts using a slightly shorter extension
Guess some header bolts are different, the ones that came with ARH headers are flange bolts with a 10mm hex head.
I have seen some with 12pt bolt heads but not sure what size they were.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Well headers showed up to. i must of made an error and ordered the ones with the CATS. anyone running headers with the cats ?
Got kooks with cats on mine. I hate the catless smell. Still have the stock muffler, resonators, & tips and it sounds decent.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Guess some header bolts are different, the ones that came with ARH headers are flange bolts with a 10mm hex head.
I have seen some with 12pt bolt heads but not sure what size they were.

Both the Stage 8 and JBA bolts that I have on hand are flange bolts,and both have a 7/16's bolt head on them.Most header bolts I've ran into over the years use a 7/16's bolt head,but that doesn't mean much these days,lol.
PropaneDR maybe check your header bolts before you buy a flex socket, as you could have ones that require a 10mm socket instead of a 7/16's.
Your local Snap-on or Matco tool dealers should have them on their trucks,if you want a decent quality flex socket.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well headers showed up to. i must of made an error and ordered the ones with the CATS. anyone running headers with the cats ?

I have the high flow cats with my ARH. They sent the o2 extensions for the cats. I think they work just fine and perform great. I had a 22" Magnaflow on the truck and it had about 50k miles on it and the sound was a little loud for me after I installed the headers so I bought a new 22" Magnaflow and had it installed. It's noticeably quieter now. I also have 5" tips.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I'm using ARP head bolts on my truck.I've ran their head studs on other engines,but on the truck,i don't really plan on jerking the heads on a weekly basis,so I just went with their head bolts,lol
Kinda wish I had went with ARP head bolts but already bought the Mopar stretch & trash bolts....lol

OP
OP
Propanedr

Propanedr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the ARH headers with the CATS. Looks like there flanged metric bots that came with the set.

a couple more questions: im having a little trouble removing the existing Y pipe. looks like i may have to do a little cutting close to the muffler clamp. If i do, will this leave me enough pipe on the original mid pipe to fit up into the ARH y pipe ? also it looks like the ARH Y pipe has a Female connector where the exhaust hooks up to the Stock pipe. The Mid pipe on the truck looks like it has a Female connector too. So if i cut off about 3" of the Mid pipe just where the "female" end is , close to the fore end.

Do you think ill be able to make those fit ? im trying to avoid going to the muffler shop if necessary.

Also i have replacement MOPAR exhaust gaskets along with the ones supplied with the ARH headers. Which ones should i use.

Thanks again for the input.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Most just set the mid thru tail pipes in place and mock/mark up the aftermarket y-pipe location. Move the entire mid assembly back, make your cut and slip-on/clamp or weld. Adjustable v-stands will help if you don’t have an extra set of hands.