Armored catalyst !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That will be fun when you change the transmission fluid.

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hahaha wow.... Grabs bolt cutters. 5 minutes later.... No cats. Best way to prevent theft is a cat delete :)
Steel rope ain’t that easy to cut. It’ll add some minutes to the theft

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Steel rope ain’t that easy to cut. It’ll add some minutes to the theft
SteelRope is pretty easy just need enough to get the cutter through it and cut both ends it'll slide right ouda the cable. Slide your laser tools 7660 cutter in there tighten it on and start rocking it back n fourth falls out with almost no noise Hahaha

haleme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In all seriousness, I applaud the OP for his handy work. But the reality is this method is adding a few minutes of time to a thief. Maybe it will deter most, but it will not stop all.

Now, if the OP hooks up a taser or stun gun the the cables, that would be something.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TO ALL OF YOU WHO SAID THIS WILL NOT STOP A THIEF:

You do not understand the baics of security. It is to tell the thief to go to an easier target. It is not to stop a thief. With enough time and tools a thief can overcome any secuirty devise.

The thief will look under the truck and say - It is easier and safer to go after another target.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
TO ALL OF YOU WHO SAID THIS WILL NOT STOP A THIEF:

You do not understand the baics of security. It is to tell the thief to go to an easier target. It is not to stop a thief. With enough time and tools a thief can overcome any secuirty devise.

The thief will look under the truck and say - It is easier and safer to go after another target.
No you're absolutely right. If I was a criminal I'd either steal it or burn it down out of spite. But that's just me lmao.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No you're absolutely right. If I was a criminal I'd either steal it or burn it down out of spite. But that's just me lmao.

I have a 2500 with 1 cat. I think I could easily use the OPs idea of steel cables idea to protect it.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I have a 2500 with 1 cat. I think I could easily use the OPs idea of steel cables idea to protect it.
I mean u probly could but remember if you have the tool or sawzall the cable will likely be more an issue for you than anyone else. Thicken the metal put a cage around it most things work better. People have tested the wraps and the cables they don't work against the common crackhead who's theiving. The best thing you can do is weld your vin into it and weld stolen from and ur number on it. Seen that and anyone who buys them calls the cops on these people as well as calls you.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mean u probly could but remember if you have the tool or sawzall the cable will likely be more an issue for you than anyone else. Thicken the metal put a cage around it most things work better. People have tested the wraps and the cables they don't work against the common crackhead who's theiving. The best thing you can do is weld your vin into it and weld stolen from and ur number on it. Seen that and anyone who buys them calls the cops on these people as well as calls you.

The 2500 have cross members that a skid plate like thing could be attached. Or it could be cables.

Really what you want it something the theif looks at and says - too much time and risk; move on.