Arrington, Magnuson 6lb kit on 6.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
want to know what kind of fab work is necessary, or if it is truly an any garage bolt on.

and a price so i can order!

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's a six figure truck in that configuration with the air suspension and all. I believe the suspension was a mostly bolt-on affair. As mentioned, they had to delete the factory EGR setup and fabricate some custom brackets. I'm sure there was more to it but that's what I recall. They were also still working on a finalized tune for the blower setup.

Here are some close up shots of the blower install. You can see some of the changes made to adapt the 5.7 kit.
20180713_162419_zpshzwetbic.jpg
20180713_162242_zpshdym5qgo.jpg

whitelightning64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
well guys I hate to break your hears but I own the Arrington built truck. Yes it was a 1 off built system and the ''new arrington'' does not plan on building another or make it to public offering. Yes it did throw down 435 to the tires. It was really fun then. But I will say that I don't know who was doing the tuning at Arrington in 2015 when the system was built but they are not there now and Arrington as a company has been sold and are no longer in Martinsville va. The system makes 6.2 pounds of boost pretty much all the time and it is a riot to drive. The truck is a base model single cab long bed with 4.10 gears. It was originally used to pull a 4 horse gooseneck with living quarters. A damn heavy trailer. That's why it was specked out the way it was. It is the highest towing and hauling rated 3/4 ton truck on the market. Now every now and then I get on here and look around to see what you guys are arguing about. I was looking at going from the 4.10 ratio that I have now to 4.56 or 4.88. It still has a 66re after all. but because of the blower and it will shove 6 psi of boost down its throat at any given rpm it dosent have to down shift all the time. I just set the cruse and ride along. But where the truck is fun is rolling burnouts or 2/3 gear standing burnouts. In early feb 2019 I took the truck to a local dealer to have the oil changed while I went for a day trip to the mountains. I figured the dealer could handle such a small task and I didn't have to spend half my day waiting around. I had a friend pick me up and off we went to the mountains. Well here's what happened. One of the techs FLASHED THE COMPUTER 4 TIMES doing recall updates. That meant the custom tune that was written using EFI live was erased. So myself and service writer and service manager got to know each other real well. I will say the dealership did handle themselves very well and they paid to have it towed off the lot and to a tuning shop where it could have another tune put back on it. The dealer used a hellcat tune just to get the truck to start and drive on the tow truck. That's when I lost all respect for Arrington. Myself and the dealer tried to get ahold of somebody at Arrington. for 3 days. Nobody would answer out phone calls, emails. Hell I even went as far as sending them messages on facebook and Instagram. I was wrong in thinking that I owned at truck that literally had their name on it and was posted on their website and youtube. They could not care less. The dealer sent the truck to a local shop where I then stepped in and informed them what all has been done to it. All in all it took 3 weeks from dropping it off for a oil change to me driving it to work again. I love my truck and still go back to the dealer for service. But I will not recommend anyone to Arrington.

whitelightning64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I do drive it every day. The ol tow pig averages 15.6-17.1 mpg on my 61 mile commute back and forth to work every day. It has enough power to pull just about any trailer stock. But with the Maggie on it the damn thing is just as quick as my slightly modded c5 vett. If someone was serious about building another kit I would say go for it!!!!

20190407_173737.jpg

PS. This is the most sleeper thing I have found to date. If you have seen something else post it up!!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
If that was mine I'd have to run the 1/4 with it just once to see what it could actually do.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If that was mine I'd have to run the 1/4 with it just once to see what it could actually do.
15s?

Wouldn’t this truck be high 17sec range stock? On just 6psi with no mother significant mods I don’t see it keeping with with a modded C5 but I could be wrong unless the truck has a bunch of other stuff done.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
PS. This is the most sleeper thing I have found to date. If you have seen something else post it up!!

If you are ever down in south Texas, I wouldn't mind going to toe to toe with you just for giggles.

Nice truck BTW.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No, a well equipped crew cab 6.4 2500 is typically a high 15/low 16 second truck. Some magazine did a comparison test with a standard cab 2500 6.4 Hemi truck and it was running low 15's without all that extra weight. So bolt a blower on and you should at least lose another second 0-60 and through the quarter.

But to your point that's still well off the pace of a typical C5, even a stock one.