Audio Distortion volume level on stereo??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows what volume level the stereo starts distorting or clipping on the Uconnect 8.4 , I have a dsr1 installed, would that make it so I can go full 38 on volume with a clean signal or no? I know it's usually 75 percent but I'd rather have it close to max as possible for the sake of not blowing anything.. just curious on others thoughts.

Thanks

Dolfan1967

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have the Alpine 9 system or better? If you have the stock six speakers, there is your 'mud' source. Use crutchfield.com to research your speaker sizes and consider replacing the speakers.

...there is a thread on the 4th gen DIY page. I also went with Kickers on 2010 4Runner. A speaker upgrade will make a noticeable audible difference, however the volume increase you seem to crave will require an amp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the Alpine 9 system or better? If you have the stock six speakers, there is your 'mud' source. Use crutchfield.com to research your speaker sizes and consider replacing the speakers.

...there is a thread on the 4th gen DIY page. I also went with Kickers on 2010 4Runner. A speaker upgrade will make a noticeable audible difference, however the volume increase you seem to crave will require an amp.
I have the regular system, no apline.. running two amps and about to put in a third.
Not quite sure you understand the question, I need to know at what volume level it starts sending out a clipped signal.. or does it not since I have the dsr1? Not sure... Going to be swapping setups and resetting gains and just want to make sure things are proper and not clipping

mamoore9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't think anyone's going to be able to tell you a definitive answer. Not sure many people would care enough or have the equipment to measure the signal out of the radio to find its clipping point. Id recommend tuning to around the 75-80 % mark; 30 or 31 on the radio. Then if you're looking for more volume at a given frequency or bandwidth, adjust it through your DSR1 if it has the capability.​