Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matthew92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright I can use some help. I have a 14 ram with the 5 in screen. I've added a 4 channel inverter tied into the plug and play that I already had in for the sub's. I upgraded the wiring for the door speakers and add a 4 channel amp just for the doors. my problem is I'm not getting any sound coming from my head unit. I've checked ground made sure I have good power and I've tested to all speakers. Head unit has power and everything works on I just cant get any sound.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Head unit needs to see a speaker load on each channel or it will shut down any channel with no load. Most amps don't provide a resistive load. You will need to add in resistors or use an appropriate amp

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Head unit needs to see a speaker load on each channel or it will shut down any channel with no load. Most amps don't provide a resistive load. You will need to add in resistors or use an appropriate amp
Little less vague please lol
I'm looking at this issue now and Crutchfield's, PAC and some other places say a 5w 47 ohm parallel to the speaker radio out/amp in. But Audio Control has a 20 ohm module for the newer trucks and 60 ohm for older ? I have at least 3 very different answers to the same question and rather not order one of everything just to return the other parts

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Little less vague please lol
I'm looking at this issue now and Crutchfield's, PAC and some other places say a 5w 47 ohm parallel to the speaker radio out/amp in. But Audio Control has a 20 ohm module for the newer trucks and 60 ohm for older ? I have at least 3 very different answers to the same question and rather not order one of everything just to return the other parts
The audio control ones will work. If your truck is 2018+ and has factory amp, use the grey 60 ohm, if you have no factory amp, use green 20 ohm.