Auto Leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poormarky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 3500 Limited Longhorn
Engine
Cummins
I'm having problems with my 2021 Ram 3500 longhorn. I have a new 2021 5th wheel and every time I back under and start to put pressure on the 5th wheel plate, the truck starts to auto level either higher or lower. I can't get the pin to lock on my plate. Today It took about 10 try's. I have looked to see if there is a switch that you can turn off the air compress till you get hooked up and then turn it back on. I can't find anything. Maybe there is something I'm missing. I have had several trailer and this is a curt hitch and never have had any problems until we got this truck.
Thanks
Mark

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
there should be a lowering switch either digital or functional. you lower it hitch up then switch back to auto.

OP
OP
P

poormarky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 3500 Limited Longhorn
Engine
Cummins
Yes that is true, but the truck will start to raise or lower automatically. I asked this question on the Vanleigh owners forum and a reply came back to go into settings and set the suspension to jack mode. They said this will disable the air compressor. They didn't say what you do when you are hooked up so I guess you go back in settings and set to air suspension.
Mark.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Yes that is true, but the truck will start to raise or lower automatically. I asked this question on the Vanleigh owners forum and a reply came back to go into settings and set the suspension to jack mode. They said this will disable the air compressor. They didn't say what you do when you are hooked up so I guess you go back in settings and set to air suspension.
Mark.
that is correct once you are all hooked up back to normal height

Dfleck65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 TD
This raises an interesting question for me. I too have a 21 3500 and 21 5er. My first 5er.

I have hooked and unhooked 10-15 times and towed around 2500 miles all over Colorado. I’ve never had this happen.

When I hook up I set the level of the trailer so the pads are touching but not really weight bearing. Once I have connection and lock it in I drop the trailer and the air suspension adjusts with the weight.

Am I missing something by not having more weight on the hitch when I hook up? My connection is solid and locks in properly. Or is his air suspension too sensitive or not working properly?

Curious.

RAM 3500 HO TD
CEDAR CREEK 291RW