Auto-Park recal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t think that’s entirely the reason for the words used...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"you're only an idiot if you drive your vehicle with the door open AND your seatbelt off."

"Not being able to open the door without their seatbelt on is what all of these idiots are ******** about"

"anyone who gets this apoplectic over a safety feature that is this simple to get around is an idiot"

"But you girls are making way to big of a fuss over it"

"opening a door to back up WITHOUT a seatbelt is the definition of stupidity"

I back my Pop Up Camper into tight camping spots and its permanent location at my house all the time by cracking the door open and poking my head out...wait for it...without my seatbelt. I don't fall out and surprisingly I'm not an idiot despite the random people on the internet saying otherwise. Now if I fell out, you can call me an idiot.

Also, people that ***** about a vehicle function they don't like aren't "idiots" and aren't "girls" (assuming girls was used as an insult for some reason). I had an old jeep with no doors on it OR seatbelts and I have 2 motorcycles without doors or seatbelts....Somehow I survive. Id would counter argue that if you need something so that you don't fall out of your truck and run yourself over...you are an idiot (not you specifically, lol).

As a motorcycle rider, all these features are just "interesting" to me...but you guys all have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving (if you are American otherwise have a nice day).

Last edited:

CoHam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"you're only an idiot if you drive your vehicle with the door open AND your seatbelt off."

"Not being able to open the door without their seatbelt on is what all of these idiots are ******** about"

"anyone who gets this apoplectic over a safety feature that is this simple to get around is an idiot"

"But you girls are making way to big of a fuss over it"

"opening a door to back up WITHOUT a seatbelt is the definition of stupidity"

I back my Pop Up Camper into tight camping spots and its permanent location at my house all the time by cracking the door open and poking my head out...wait for it...without my seatbelt. I don't fall out and surprisingly I'm not an idiot despite the random people on the internet saying otherwise. Now if I fell out, you can call me an idiot.

Also, people that ***** about a vehicle function they don't like aren't "idiots" and aren't "girls" (assuming girls was used as an insult for some reason). I had an old jeep with no doors on it OR seatbelts and I have 2 motorcycles without doors or seatbelts....Somehow I survive. Id would counter argue that if you need something so that you don't fall out of your truck and run yourself over...you are an idiot (not you specifically, lol).

As a motorcycle rider, all these features are just "interesting" to me...but you guys all have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving (if you are American otherwise have a nice day).

Exactly what MarkUSAF81 said. If you don’t go “boonie crashin’” and your idea of off roading is driving around on your property then you’re really not qualified to comprehend when it might be necessary to open your driver’s door while backing up. Yes, someone who backs up with their door open AND hits the garage frame (or falls out) IS a moron, but intelligent people can manage to backup with their door open without mishap.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Exactly what MarkUSAF81 said. If you don’t go “boonie crashin’” and your idea of off roading is driving around on your property then you’re really not qualified to comprehend when it might be necessary to open your driver’s door while backing up. Yes, someone who backs up with their door open AND hits the garage frame (or falls out) IS a moron, but intelligent people can manage to backup with their door open without mishap.

Funny stuff......

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find it a rare occasion that I need to do so, but would like it if I could turn it off.

Oddly enough when I pull INTO my garage is when I do it the most...I have a patch of carpet stapled to the wall near where I park, so the door edge doesnt get scratched or dinged when I open it. I open the door while pulling in (slowly) because the edge of that patch is about where I need to park. Granted, 99% of the time I have my seat belt on but occasionally I dont.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some of the comments too funny, but U all are taking too personal. Yes, there R times when I back up do to vision issues with door open/no seat belt on, etc. That would be when backing in garage ref trailer-clearance and in hay field loading hay, why I use extended. NE other time Da Seatbelts R on, just works for me. Lots of folks have given their all for people to have rights so do Wat works for U, have a Great Day and a Great Thanksgiving,.....

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I find it a rare occasion that I need to do so, but would like it if I could turn it off.

Oddly enough when I pull INTO my garage is when I do it the most...I have a patch of carpet stapled to the wall near where I park, so the door edge doesnt get scratched or dinged when I open it. I open the door while pulling in (slowly) because the edge of that patch is about where I need to park. Granted, 99% of the time I have my seat belt on but occasionally I dont.

I use a tennis ball hanging from a string that hits the windshield for my wife. She had 2 incidents prior to the floating ball

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heck, I can't get into garage. Hay 1/3, trailer 1/3, rest is benches, motorcycle, lawn mower, etc, lmao.. Before somebody says take the trailer out, there is a serious problem with people stealing bumper pull trailers around here, which is why it is out of sight, out of mind......