AutoGlym products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anybody use AutoGlyms paste wax and resin polish/sealer.Thoughts on them

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Never heard of it
Got a link?
Blue Mule

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have used their sealer on the girlfriends jeep, I didn't really see anything special about it. Apply, wait 10-15 minutes remove. I don't believe it made much of a difference washing bugs and bird bombs off it was a nightmare, very hard to get all of it off.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Have used their sealer on the girlfriends jeep, I didn't really see anything special about it. Apply, wait 10-15 minutes remove. I don't believe it made much of a difference washing bugs and bird bombs off it was a nightmare, very hard to get all of it off.

Did you use it on a freshly waxed or polished vehicle? It's my understanding you use the sealer after waxing or polishing,not as a base coat,I don't think sealer applied to an unwaxed surface is going to do much as far as making it easy to remove bug guts.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sealer should be applied to bare clean paint. waxes etc are a topper to the sealer.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sealer should be applied to bare clean paint. waxes etc are a topper to the sealer.

That was never the way I was taught,the sealer goes on after the wax was my understanding.Why would you put it on a clear coated paint first,honest question?

Just dug up my bottle of Autoglym sealer,and it definitely states right on the bottle "seals and preserves the ultimate finish on clean and "pre-polished" paintwork".I think you did it backasswards,lol.

Last edited:

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
Sealant goes on before the wax you always put the longest lasting product on first which is the sealant.

Screenshot_20180426-233318.png

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That's backwards to anything I've ever heard,maybe it's Chemical guys way of doing things,and i'm not a fan of their products,lol. I know Autoglym says after waxing/polishing ,so who do you believe,lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well you guys got me curious now,so I fired a note off to Autoglym and put a post up on their facebook page.Haven't had anything back from Autoglym themselves yet,but have had a reply on their facebook page,and by the sounds of it,you apply Autoglyms sealer "after" applying their resin polish,then follow that up with a coat of wax.Still waiting on a reply right from the manufacture'r regarding what they consider the proper procedure,they might have something totally different to say,lol.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It says to put over clean and freshly polished paint, not fresh wax. Sealer does just that, seals paint under it, if you have swirls and containments in your paint, they will be sealed as well. Polishing the paint will remove these before the sealer is applied.

This of it as a basic ceramic coating. Before you apply the ceramic, you polish and correct the paintwork so the ceramic will " seal " off the nice high gloss paint. If you don't polish and correct the small blemishes they will still be seen under the ceramic.

Your mixing up polished paint with wax. Two separate processes / products. A polish will make the paint look as nice as said product can, but has no protective qualities to it. wax is the opposite, it has protective qualities but has no polishing compounds in it. ( unless you have a 2 in one wax but we won't get into that here.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It says to put over clean and freshly polished paint, not fresh wax. Sealer does just that, seals paint under it, if you have swirls and containments in your paint, they will be sealed as well. Polishing the paint will remove these before the sealer is applied.

This of it as a basic ceramic coating. Before you apply the ceramic, you polish and correct the paintwork so the ceramic will " seal " off the nice high gloss paint. If you don't polish and correct the small blemishes they will still be seen under the ceramic.

Your mixing up polished paint with wax. Two separate processes / products. A polish will make the paint look as nice as said product can, but has no protective qualities to it. wax is the opposite, it has protective qualities but has no polishing compounds in it. ( unless you have a 2 in one wax but we won't get into that here.

I didn't really get them mixed up,if you read close,i just combined the 2 process's and called them one,for that I can be called on,but I sort of had it figured the sealer went on after polishing,i should of left the wax part out of my replies,for that I did fluck-up,lol. But if that's the case you sir didn't apply it right either by using it as a base coat,and then ******** about it not being very good,lol.I gotta say I like Autoglym's products way more then Chemical guys products though,lol

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
"pre-polished" paintwork" The pre means before so you would apply it before the polish, not after. That would be post polish.

Not in my world it doesn't,read it again.It says Pre-Polished,see that "ed" on the end of polish,that changes the whole meaning of the sentence,at least it did when I went to school,if it said Pre-polish that would mean before polish,but Pre-polished means after polish in the context of the sentence it's being used in.Been awhile since I went to school,but I don't think much has changed in the English language since then,except for some added new words,lol.
Plus we've determined the Autoglym sealer goes on after polishing,maybe some other sealers go on before hand,but it looks like Autoglym recommends polishing the vehicle with their resin polish before applying their sealer.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did add a wax over the sealer. I didn’t specify that in my answer to your post. But wax or no I didn’t find the sealer did very much as the containment still made its way to the paint. I’ve used better products for sure.

It’s also hard to get off when applying it. Seems to stream and smear and if you pass the “ removal window “ you want to be sure you aren’t suffering from tennis elbow because you will be.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It’s also hard to get off when applying it. Seems to stream and smear and if you pass the “ removal window “ you want to be sure you aren’t suffering from tennis elbow because you will be.[/QUOTE]

That is very true,lol.I've learned over the years to always polish or wax either inside a cool building or in the shade,and not get to far ahead of yourself ,you'll regret it ,lol. Polishes and waxes have come along ways in the 40+ years I've been polishing vehicles though.