Automatic Shutdown Relay question/help request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nikwho

nikwho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! And sorry for discussing this in two different sections! I realized the the electrical section is probably more appropriate I picked up a new regulator and regulator wire harness today. Need to wire it up and hopefully we'll be on the road again!

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
No worries. At least you didn't create a new thread. I only catch stuff on my phone that I have already commented on. I only catch new threads on my pc as long as I think to look

RPenner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in a similar situation with my 5.9 (ASD relay not kicking in). When I bypass the ASD I get power to coil and fuel pump, but no spark (unless I manually ground coil negative). What else would cause the computer to not call for spark?

RPenner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ASD Relay is responding when grounded out, and will turn stuff on then, but I'm still not getting spark even though the coil is powered. Looks like the book I have says the computer will shut down ASD relay when there's no signal from the hall effect sensor in the distributor?.

RPenner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: New Hall effect pickup installed, no change in symptoms. Computer isn't turning on the ASD relay, or calling for spark even when I energize the coil separately. May have to replace ECU?

How important (and how possible) is VIN reprogramming on these things?

RPenner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update. I ordered a reman ECU and put it in. Running just fine now. Hadn't ever been able to get the codes to blink for me, and they do now.

Sometimes it is actually the computer.