AutoSocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John4337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2020 Limited with the 285/45/22 tires. RAM says that I cannot run 'Traction Devices' (Chains) on these tires (email below), presumably due to clearance issues. I live in a rural area that doesn't get alot of snow, but the sloped paved roads do ice, but not often enough to justify dedicated winter tires. Has anyone had any experience with the AutoSocks? they would be a 'get you home' or 'get to the doctor' item only, and doesn't look like they would have the clearance problems.

- 2020 (DT) RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4

Our records indicate this vehicle was equipped from the factory with the following:
TY4 285/45R22XL BSW All Season Tires

Tire Chains (Traction Devices)

Use of traction devices require sufficient tire-to-body clearance. Follow these recommendations to guard against damage.
- Use “Class S” chains, or other traction aids that meet SAE Type “S” specifications.
- Traction device must be of proper size for the tire, as recommended by the traction device manufacturer.
- On 4x2 and 4x4 1500 model trucks, the use of class “S” snow chains is permitted on the rear wheels only of trucks equipped with 275/65R18 or 275/55R20 tires.

NOTE: DO NOT use tire chains on the rear wheels of 1500 model trucks equipped with 285/45R22 tires.