Aux back up lights installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zane8000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Electrical may as well be greek to me. I've ordered a Auxbeam 6 gang i'm going to install. If i tap my reverse lights into the reverse light from the hitch connector and also run a wire from the lights to the Auxbeam would i be able to have it work when in reverse and also work with the switch?

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Electrical may as well be greek to me. I've ordered a Auxbeam 6 gang i'm going to install. If i tap my reverse lights into the reverse light from the hitch connector and also run a wire from the lights to the Auxbeam would i be able to have it work when in reverse and also work with the switch?

You could and it would work but you would have a chance to back feed the other circuit. Also if your in reverse and hit the switch could cause issues as well. Best thing to do is isolate each system with a double relay like it did or I diode set up.

fastboarder

Reaction score
If i end up doing that I'll probably connect them to my aux switches. Anyone know if the 5 pin relay accepts 2 inputs to activate? I was thinking it would be nice to be able to turn them on with a switch or reverse lights. I could just add a diode but wasn't sure.
@chase0218 Sorry, know this was a year ago. Question, did you run a 12V fused line from the battery and the Auxbeam switch output (from the engine compartment) all the way to the back? I was wondering since the Auxbeam output should more than power my application if putting a diode on the output of the auxbeam and tying it into the output of the relay (with a diode here also) then run it to the lights would work.