Aux Reverse Lighting - Let's see your setup!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ah.. If I can do it, anyone can. I havent installed a light on a vehicle since maybe 2002 until about a month ago.

IMO

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I talked to 4 Wheel Parts, got a quote, installed Front Driving Lights, Back Up Lights, with a switch to make the back up lights Work/******* Lights. These are all Rigid Lights......$2066.25. That's a little pricey. The kid said that they needed 3 weeks to get the parts. :flipthebird:

So now I'm going to do a search, I have a friend that has a shop he said he would call Rigid and get a price for me. Then sell them to me at his cost, and all the beer and pizza he could consume to install them. (might be cheaper to have 4Wheel Parts do it)

JESUS!!! My lights were $40.00 for the pair off Ebay! Don't be a fool and pay that kinda money for F'ing LIGHTS?!?!?! :favorites13:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eh, it all depends on what the value of a dollar is to the individual.

Some people are just filthy rich, and can buy whatever they want.. And it have zero effect on their wallet.

Some people are rich because they only buy the cheap stuff.

Kinda like me in San Diego, I cant fathom the idea of spending what these people do on a 80yr old, 2 bedroom, 1 bath house, with zero yard lol... In the desert.

Btw guys, I can't wait to leave this place.. Since you're all asking.

IMO

Bro trust me I know lol...off topic but I use to work on MCRD (San Diego airport)

And right across the 5 they'd have shacks(homes) literally going for close to a million dollars. It's insane.

Sorry OP...carry on.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
JESUS!!! My lights were $40.00 for the pair off Ebay! Don't be a fool and pay that kinda money for F'ing LIGHTS?!?!?! :favorites13:

So I'm a fool for buying a great product from a company with a good reputation while supporting American manufacturing (I understand that last is likely unimportant as you're from Canada)? I read the reviews, did my research, compiled the data and bought the Rigids. No regrets.

I take pride in my lights and the install I performed on them. I didn't cut any corners, nor have I on any mod I've done on my truck. Something done wrong is due to my lack of knowledge, not trying to save a red cent. A few dollars saved 'just' to save a few dollars, and ending up with an inferior product with no warranty, sold by some Chi-com freight forwarder who will disappear as soon as this shipment is gone seems foolish to me.

I know, I know... You can buy 10, 100, 1000 of your lights for what mine cost. Don't care. Not calling you a fool for your purchases, nor should you me for mine.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've used Plasti-dip... for it's original purpose of sealing wires. I think before someone figured out they could deliver it by aerosol it was called Liquid Tape?

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've used Plasti-dip... for it's original purpose of sealing wires. I think before someone figured out they could deliver it by aerosol it was called Liquid Tape?
Whoa, whoa.. Did you just go hipster on us in here about plasti-dip?? So what you're saying is.. You were using plasti-dip before it was cool?
200w.gif

IMO

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Whoa, whoa.. Did you just go hipster on us in here about plasti-dip?? So what you're saying is.. You were using plasti-dip before it was cool?
200w.gif

IMO

That's right. Though I'm WAY to old to be anything resembling hipster. My generation is right smack between hippy and hipster.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
here's mine. I got maybe 25$ in it. I couldnt finish them last night due to aggravation and beer.... I got 1 hooked up and it was plenty of light.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It sounds like your LEDs are emitting EMI. It is causing interference on the camera signal. It's a common problem with LEDs. I would recommend removing them from the camera circuit.

As an anecdotal side note, I experienced the same/similar thing with my LED fogs. I have to turn them off to get radio reception on weaker stations or to lock in an HD signal. It used to happen with my headlights too until I upgraded to OPT7 headlights. They are either shielded against EMI or do not emit enough to interfere.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
not bad for what I got in them. may need to drop them down some...

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i would say raise them a tiny bit. Your hot spot is right under your bumper.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Those are the exact one's I am going to wire up for my reverse lights thanks to sbarron's help. :D

Adam