Aux Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Who has them & how do you hook them up? Is there a box in or close to the fuse box? My truck is on order so I cannot simply look under the hood to find out where these switches come out in the engine bay. Also, I was wondering if I could splice into my reverse light wiring & hook up reverse lights on my 5th wheel trailer. There have been times when we got to the campground later than planned & a couple LED lights on the back of the trailer would help getting backed into the site. I have done something similar on the headache rack on my current truck. Spliced into the bed work light of the truck. This works sometimes but is not very reliable. I think the amp draw is more than the factory set up, so it occasionally trips a breaker & they shut off briefly. I may have to use one of the aux switches on this new truck to make the reverse lights work more effectively.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Its real simple too do. You just run 1 lead to a good ground anywhere. Then you run your hot to the aux switch connection box which is under the hood and close to the fire wall on drivers side. Then set yor switch for momentary or on/ off, your done. As far as splicing into wiring, I personally would not do it on a new vehicle, just hook up to your aux switches since that's the purpose of them.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
??I had a cargo trailer custom built and one of the things that was a must have, was reverse lights.
When I went to pick it up they forgot the reverse lights. In like 10 mins the guy had them in and hooked up.
They are powered through the 7 pin plug. I don't do anything for them to come on except put the truck in reverse. I think they are powered through the center contact on the 7 pin, but I might be wrong.

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
The aux switches are great and make it so much easier to run lights. There are youtube videos on how to run the wires into the aux block in the engine bay. I have aux lights on my headache rack for this same reason, among others.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
??I had a cargo trailer custom built and one of the things that was a must have, was reverse lights.
When I went to pick it up they forgot the reverse lights. In like 10 mins the guy had them in and hooked up.
They are powered through the 7 pin plug. I don't do anything for them to come on except put the truck in reverse. I think they are powered through the center contact on the 7 pin, but I might be wrong.
Yeah that is how I was wanting to do mine since there is an open pin. If the truck doesn't like the extra amp pull on the reverse lights I will wire them up to one of the aux switches. Thanks

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Who has them & how do you hook them up? Is there a box in or close to the fuse box? My truck is on order so I cannot simply look under the hood to find out where these switches come out in the engine bay. Also, I was wondering if I could splice into my reverse light wiring & hook up reverse lights on my 5th wheel trailer. There have been times when we got to the campground later than planned & a couple LED lights on the back of the trailer would help getting backed into the site. I have done something similar on the headache rack on my current truck. Spliced into the bed work light of the truck. This works sometimes but is not very reliable. I think the amp draw is more than the factory set up, so it occasionally trips a breaker & they shut off briefly. I may have to use one of the aux switches on this new truck to make the reverse lights work more effectively.
What truck do you have on order? If it's a power wagon, it's not that easy. If you do have a PW on order post in the power wagon section.

Mike62

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are lots of you tube vids on the Upfitter system for connecting to your Aux switches. Pretty simple to do. I've used 5 of the 6 switches so far.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
There are lots of you tube vids on the Upfitter system for connecting to your Aux switches. Pretty simple to do. I've used 5 of the 6 switches so far.
What 5 things have you plumbed in?

wfodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ram 3500 on order.
I recently got my '22 2500 and the giant goodie bag under the back seat had a large wire harness with pinned pigtails ready to slip into the connector for the upfitter switches. I didn't really look at the instructions carefully yet, but if you can find them on-line and want to hit the ground running when your truck arrives, I could take pictures of the instructions, etc.

wfodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is there a way to label the switches that looks professional?