Auxiliary Fuel Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neil D Cooke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I'm contemplating getting an auxiliary fuel tank for my '19 3500. I pull a 12k pound 5th wheel and the stock tank is just too small. Any recommendations on the best tank for the money?? Thanks

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have an RDS 60 gallon aluminum tank in mine and it has worked out great. I have it in a 2500 and pull a bumper hitched TT so the heighth has not been a problem. They do make a lower profile 80 gallon tank that wouldn’t be in the way of your 5th wheel trailer. We used ours on a 4700 mile trip with the trailer and I’m glad I had it. The 90 gallons total gives me over a 1000 mile range but it also gives me the choice of when and where I buy fuel. With the GasBuddy app I was able to find the cheapest and most convenient to get to fuel. I use a regular transfer pump on mine with the nozzle but I also own a diesel tractor that I don’t have to haul 5 gallon cans for now.

gsfitzsr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I to installed an RDS tank in my 2018 but use a basic gravity feed line into the fuel filler neck. I just open the valve when it's time to transfer fuel to the main tank. Sometimes I just leave it open and let it drain into the main tank continuously. It's worked for a few years now without any issues.