Avs aeroskin II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Looks good !! [emoji1363]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Let us know if it works any better than the standard AVS bug deflector. I have one on my truck and it does do a good job deflecting rocks and **** from hitting my hood but only so so on the bug part.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Can anyone that has one of these comment on how well it keeps bugs off the windshield?

scoutpappa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 dodge power wagon
Engine
I still get hit by bugs, but it does a phenomenal job of keeping the chips off of the hood and top of the fenders. My truck is black and with about 10K on the clock when I put it on I had quite a few chips already.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Has anyone actually tried taking one of these off? Double sided tape on the paint for an extended period of time can't be all that good!

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Has anyone actually tried taking one of these off? Double sided tape on the paint for an extended period of time can't be all that good!
No different the removing badges. My brother has had these on his fords since the day they came out. He’s never complained of paint issues. And he has had to replace a couple.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks! Been wondering what to do for a guard for chipping paint and bugs since this truck is a daily driver. But I do want to keep the paint nice as long as possible, at least, till I get it off road! :)

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have had several on several different trucks and have taken them off over extended period of time never had any problem and paint is in fantastic condition

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Minor heat to remove I dont see any issue. Tons of stuff are 3m taped to cars to include badges names etc....no issues here

Rrubyxsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
During our trip to Idaho my wife thought it deflected about 50 percent of bug strikes. I had my eyes glued to the roadway so I will take her word for it.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, looks like I'll have to order one! That tape was my only concern actually...i've never "de-badged" my vehicles other than to remove the dealer sticker.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
sitting in the garage ready to go on. anyone have any recommendations on how to prep the hood surface? any tips on how to align it before setting?

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
sitting in the garage ready to go on. anyone have any recommendations on how to prep the hood surface? any tips on how to align it before setting?
I just cleaned with alcohol and then I lined it up and put tape down to guide me when I was ready to stick it.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
its on and easy as pie.

had the detailer wash down the hood leading edge and remove any buildup.

included alcohol pads were great, and worked effectively in creating a perfect adhesion.

best practice was to peel back an inch or two of each end of adhesive protective film, and spot tack the AVS in the right position. then pull out the remaining protective film and firmly press the AVS down from the center out, to avoid binding.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll relate a story here regarding bug shields in general...once hit an owl in Georgia late one night with one of these in place on my long-gone '02 Ranger XLT 4X4 Supercab Plus (yeah, that's what Ford called 'em). The shield was broken but that fiberglass hood was in perfect shape! The bird didn't hit any other part of the truck, either; oddly, I haven't put one on my last two trucks, but maybe I should do so with my '16 Reb!

TXCOMT