AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust Suite for the 4th Gen RAM, available now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’m curious how this would be for drone in the 8-speed 4th Gen with 3.92 gears. Flowmaster 50HD is supposed to be hardly any drone and I get drone still as it cruises at hwy speed (105-112 km/hr up here) at around 1800-1900rpm which is RIGHT in the area drone happens most. A lot of performance exhaust companies show demos of their exhaust systems on trucks with 3.21 amd 3.55 gearing, 6 speed, where hwy speeds are running at around 1500rpm, just before drone starts happening noticeably.
I'm in the same boat, I have the 3.21 gears, Carven progressive bolt on, otherwise stock. The drone and resonance in the 1500-2000rpm range is horrible. It's like the whole exhaust system is a tuning fork.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m curious how this would be for drone in the 8-speed 4th Gen with 3.92 gears. Flowmaster 50HD is supposed to be hardly any drone and I get drone still as it cruises at hwy speed (105-112 km/hr up here) at around 1800-1900rpm which is RIGHT in the area drone happens most. A lot of performance exhaust companies show demos of their exhaust systems on trucks with 3.21 amd 3.55 gearing, 6 speed, where hwy speeds are running at around 1500rpm, just before drone starts happening noticeably.

I'm in the same boat, I have the 3.21 gears, Carven progressive bolt on, otherwise stock. The drone and resonance in the 1500-2000rpm range is horrible. It's like the whole exhaust system is a tuning fork.

Flowmaster's are notorious for drone, regardless what trany/gearing.

Carven has been reported to have drone as well.

I have had a few different systems on my rams over the years, they are all "universal mufflers" with vehical specific piping. The only system's I have had with no drone has been the Corsa's I have run. This is because the muffler is tuned to the truck.

This new AWE system looks to follow the same principle for sound cancelation as the Corsa. The main difference would be the tone of the exhaust between the these 2 systems from what I can tell, I.E. the AWE sounds like a deeper tone vs the Corsa.

BLMEDIA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I can tell you that your money is not wasted on this system. I have never heard a Ram sound so good. I got the diamond black tips, they look amazing. If your goal is sporty and throaty with some volume, this is what you need.

Attachments

• EXHAUST_AWE.png
    EXHAUST_AWE.png
    737 KB · Views: 7

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the sound quite a bit. I'd love to hear these with my catless longtubes lol.

I'm not a fan of the corsa, I don't think it's deep enough. I have the mopar catback, which I think sounds very similar to borla. Part of me wants to recall that borla actually designed the mopar catback? Not sure if I remember that correctly though. I'd take a stab at these if I were in the market for exhaust and the price was right.