AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust Suite for the 4th Gen RAM, available now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So....what does this system offer over the tried and true Corsa system?
To my ears, better sound quality…..but it’s only from hearing both in videos. The Corsa never appealed to my ears but this AWE system sounds great.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To my ears, better sound quality…..but it’s only from hearing both in videos. The Corsa never appealed to my ears but this AWE system sounds great.
Sound is subjective, I loved the deep tone of the 18" mufflex I tried before the Corsa (not to mention the price). But the drone at certain RPM was a killer even though it sounded more like a "truck".

The corsa has a unique sound for sure, its a bit raspy at times but overall I like the how quite it is when I don't want noise in the cab, and how loud it is outside when I get on it.

AWE does sound a bit deeper via the video vs. Corsa, but that could be sound manipulation for the video (I.E. a marketing trick).

From an outside perspective the (2) systems use the same concept for sound (drone) cancellation, perhaps its just a difference in the "tuning" of the sound?

It might come down to the price difference at the end of the day.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2L
Sound is subjective, I loved the deep tone of the 18" mufflex I tried before the Corsa (not to mention the price). But the drone at certain RPM was a killer even though it sounded more like a "truck".

The corsa has a unique sound for sure, its a bit raspy at times but overall I like the how quite it is when I don't want noise in the cab, and how loud it is outside when I get on it.

AWE does sound a bit deeper via the video vs. Corsa, but that could be sound manipulation for the video (I.E. a marketing trick).

From an outside perspective the (2) systems use the same concept for sound (drone) cancellation, perhaps its just a difference in the "tuning" of the sound?

It might come down to the price difference at the end of the day.

Manipulation of a video? People do that? Everything is filmed/recorded by me personally, and it's all audio straight out of the camera. We don't do "tricks" 'round here.

Our material thickness, routing, and of course our patented 180 Technology® all work together to produce our deep tone. It's literally a signature of our systems. Rasp doesn't reside here much :cool:

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In a couple of weeks I will either send my wife to rip his head off or tell you how much I like it
Bruce

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The Corsa is a quality system but on all applications tends to lean toward the higher pitched raspier side. AWE does a great job at cutting down on the rasp even on Hemi's which are generally raspy. AWE provides a nice deep tone and no drone. Between the sound, quality fitment, and looks AWE has a winner here for someone that wants a full catback.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your friend Frank Derks
EuroSport Tuning
is shipping my system and I should have in about a week
will let you know how it turns out
The local dealer parts manager want to go for a ride to see how it is
Bruce

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Interested, but not a fan of the stubby tips. What transmission did the truck in the videos have? 6 speed or 8 speed?

Sara/AWE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AWE 0FG's are hitting the streets! Check out this unboxing video from Incredible Hemi who will be torture testing this system.

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
I’m curious how this would be for drone in the 8-speed 4th Gen with 3.92 gears. Flowmaster 50HD is supposed to be hardly any drone and I get drone still as it cruises at hwy speed (105-112 km/hr up here) at around 1800-1900rpm which is RIGHT in the area drone happens most. A lot of performance exhaust companies show demos of their exhaust systems on trucks with 3.21 amd 3.55 gearing, 6 speed, where hwy speeds are running at around 1500rpm, just before drone starts happening noticeably.