AWE Cat Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
We have a few AWE systems installed on 5th gens for customers that want to be sure 100% they are not going to get a drone. @Sara/AWE can answer your questions you may have on them. I know it’s personal preference on sound but AWE’s cat back sounds the BEST.
Currently have a set on order for a TRX I will post some sound clips

Sara/AWE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi there, we knew this would be a concern for customers, so we utilized our drone-canceling 180 Technology® resonator in the 5th gen Ram system. 180 Technology® allows you to get straight through performance when you step on it, but when you're cruising at highway speeds the resonator works to cancel drone frequencies so no painful highway drone.

Here is a video explaining it a bit more in depth, and you can always read more at awe-tuning.com/180-technology.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no 2500/3500 6.4L products?

La Ramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will the TRX exhaust fit the 4th gen?
I’m interested in the dual pipe setup.

Sara/AWE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are your ship times on the AWE for the 1500 5.7l
All of our systems are made to order in house so our current lead time is approx 4-6 weeks, gotta love that hand crafted goodness!

We have been doing our best to get those lead times down, but we're also battling some raw materials delays that set us back a bit.

La Ramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Our TRX system won't but we do offer a system for 4th gen Ram, here is a link if you need more info or sound clips: AWE 4th gen RAM.

Same dual pipe setup with a similar deep rumble! ;)
Yea I like how it sounds on the TRX. But on the 4th Gen it’s not a true dual like the TRX.

Sara/AWE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I like how it sounds on the TRX. But on the 4th Gen it’s not a true dual like the TRX.

You are correct, our dual option splits after the resonator. Since it is not the same engine it isn't going to sound exactly like the system we have for the TRX, but we always shoot for our signature deep rumble when designing a system. Here are some photos and sound clips to give you a better idea.

4th gen RAM 2.png

4th gen RAM.png

If you want to check out more, here is the 0FG Dual Catback for 4th Gen RAM.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be aware it is louder than the sound clips
Some will love it but I need to find a way to mellow it a bit
It is good at highway cruise no drone that has stopped my better half making me remove it