Awful SXM signal in Houston?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had SXM on the past... I don't know 4-5 vehicles and I have loved it. Other than very understandable situations (like tunnels) I have really not had any issues with it.

About 2 months ago, I relocated to the Houston area (Spring, TX) and holy heck, this is SH*T.
I mean, it buffers all the time, not from a highway overpass, nothing. Out in the middle of a clearing and there goes my music, like for 2-3 seconds, comes back for a second and then goes out for another 2-3 seconds.

This is driving me bonkers! I took the truck in to the dealer in January and they did a lot of software updates, overall the truck seems better and I swear the 8.4 overall runs better.

Anyone have issues like this? It's driving me batty!

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Live up the road back side of the woodlands and have not had any issues so far with sxm in the ram. Had a company chevy that the sxm died in the stock radio may need to take it back to the dealer (autonation) and have they see if there is anything else they can do.

OP
OP
WhiteExpress

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man, that's really not what I want to hear! My only experince with AutoNation has been... Poor.
But it makes more sense. I had no issues with my F150 here, wasn't sure what was going on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963