Back in a Powerwagon - slow build

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So with the crazy used car pricing, especially with wranglers, I ditched my 2021 JLUR (made money on it) and traded in my 2013 Ram 1500 for a 2019 Powerwagon.
Owned a Powerwagon before - Had my 07 from 2007 to 2014.

Got rid of my 2014 Ram 2500 again due a crazy offer, which then led to buying a 1500 (first time having a 1/2 ton till 2007) to fill my void of not having a truck. lol - with all this once I bought my 2019 PW meant that I have owned 3 trucks since Dec 2020. Didn't mind having the 1500 since we weren't towing much anymore, then my mom passed suddenly and we inherited my childhood home up north. So now we are towing again, nothing major, but it was a good excuse to upgrade to a 2500.

Powerwagon plans:
1.5" Thuren level kit with Fox shocks
.75-1" rear coil spacers to keep a small rack forward
37" tires
Front window tint
Not sure on more of a rockrail down the road
Underbody armor
lol - I'm sure there will be more as time progresses.

My old 07 PW
You must be registered for see images attach

My lifted Ram 1500 sitting next to my new PW

Not sold on the headache rack - especially with the spacer on bottom making it sit up so high.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Started to acquire parts - lol:

17x8.5 AEVs

CJC Offroad intercooler skid and rear shock skids

Thuren 1.5" leveling kit (coils, track bar, and fox shocks)

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, that headache rack looks way out of place on there. Personal preference of course but I'd ditch it if it was mine.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With our new properly up north, decided to buy a subcompact tractor to bring up - got to play with both doing rock removal in the driveway.

Removed air dam and installed intercool guard

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep Headache rack is gone, and installed a soft cover since we are making 4.5hr one way trips up north to our other house.

So last week I brought my new wheels and tires in for shop to mount and balance, and I told them to not mount on truck, put back in bed. Well I show up to the shop and they mounted them on the truck. Owner did say me messed up and would remove them. I drove it around a bit and didn't have any rub, though I know offroad yeah it will rub. So for now left em on, and will motivate me to do my levelling kit sooner. Yep I can trim the rear of the front wheel well liner, but wife isn't totally sold on that method. Also used my AEV procal snap and reprogrammed for the 37s, as well as lowered the TPMS.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I think a lot of us morph into the same equipment at the same age ranges. Nice ride.

Is that a 2500 or 1500?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice looking truck! You doing the leveling kit yourself? I'm debating doing mine but after taking nearly all day to do their rear track bar I might just hire it out...don't ask it was like 110 out, my drill batteries kept overheating and I would have to put them in the freezer, along with myself...lol....I need a shop or at least a garage that can fit this thing.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if I will do myself, I mean it is really straight forward on the install, as long as my jack stands go high enough - lol. Would still need to get it aligned regardless.
Had a week of vacation and put on some miles during that time, pulling down some respectable MPG per the display, though I need to get back to tire shop, due to vibration in the passenger front.

I did get the front tires to rub on a turn with some articulation and 6 people in the cab....... So this should hopefully motivate me to get the 1.5" leveling kit installed sooner than later. Also received notification that my Randy Ellis light bar should arrive today. Then shopping for what lights I want to add up front.

Ever since using the AEV Procal, I get a sporadic service 4 wheel drive light on, but it goes away on the next vehicle restart. Believe in the past thousand miles it has come on 3 times.